King Sid

Reaction score
So I asked the board for a Parent Club so we could sign players on loan WITHOUT the cost of their wages. They give me an option between Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool so I pick United. In the main benefits bit it says that Portsmouth will be able to sign players on loan from Man U WITHOUT the cost of their wages.

So I look through Utd's reserve team, make loan offers for a few players. However not only do United come back saying they want 100% of the wages, they also want a fee! What on earth is the point in having a parent club if they're not going to loan you players for free?

What league are you in? In the Championship they make you pay their wages but in League 1 and lower it is free. Also, with a parent club the players are more likely to join you than before.. So that's a pretty big benefit. And, they send you players on loan at the start of the season WITHOUT you having to pay their wages.

We're in the Championship, I never knew that was the case so thanks for that. Yer unfortunately it took a while for the board to give me a parent club due to the takeover and everything so by the time it happened it was about September and so most of the players had left for other clubs.

You don't make offers for there players, they offer you players. I was Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship and had Arsenal as a parent club. They sent me this 17 year old striker who had amazing potential, but I never really gave him the games as I probably had better players than him at the time.

Basically I only find parent clubs necessary when you are in League 1 or 2.

Yer I know normally they offer players the chance to join you, trouble is they didn't. I'm basically trying everything to bring in players which is practically impossible at Pompey now. No transfer budget, 100k over wage budget. Max wage I can offer anyone is £90 so my only option is loans where I don't have to pay anything, unfortunately can't seem to find any of them either.

It's probably the hardest task I've ever had on FM and that includes doing LLM with Dover and taking them to the Prem.

don't forget when you get prompted (if you ever do that is) your link will be cut as you will be in the same division :O