What is the point of "Extended Leave"

Jayesh

Reaction score
I saw that there is an option to send your players on extended leave based on what the physio recommends. I do that from time to time. What I want to know is what is the purpose of giving them extended leave. I initially felt that it was to avoid injuries. However, I was playing with Arsenal and before a game against United, one of the physios recommendations was that a player (Fernando) be given extended leave for a week that would get him to miss the United game. I felt he was needed and thus I played him, and he didn't get injured.

So then I guess its not for avoiding injuries. So really what is the point or purpose of "extended leaves"

Hi,
The Point of Extended Breaks is Not at all for avoiding injuries but more for keeping peak fitness levels of players who are Over Played...
The Only Time I give Extended Breaks to Players is When they return to Pre Season Traning around 1st Week July for 1 week only...

Hey thank You the reply. No I got that they would be rested, but I was also wondering if it was an avoiding injuries thing as well. I suppose if I wanted to just rest players I could always just "rest" players. So I was wondering if the two are any different at all.

I also you could see the physio recommendations even in regular season under the main club screen. Click on "Arsenal" or indeed whatever team you are playing with, and then on that screen you will see the tab of "Players" to the top right. Note this is not the "Senior Squad" screen, but the main club screen. Place you mouse on that and a sub menu will appear saying "Extended Leave". In there you will see what the physio recommends and decide accordingly.

Last edited:
Hey thank You the reply. No I got that they would be rested, but I was also wondering if it was an avoiding injuries thing as well. I suppose if I wanted to just rest players I could always just "rest" players. So I was wondering if the two are any different at all.

I also you could see the physio recommendations even in regular season under the main club screen. Click on "Arsenal" or indeed whatever team you are playing with, and then on that screen you will see the tab of "Players" to the top right. Note this is not the "Senior Squad" screen, but the main club screen. Place you mouse on that and a sub menu will appear saying "Extended Leave". In there you will see what the physio recommends and decide accordingly.

It's just a longer version of resting them (Minimum for extended leave is a 1 week I think?). However, it is also used when a player is homesick, and probably a few other cases for when they are unhappy :)