Maleficus

Reaction score
This Guy: English overwhelmed by German attack - YouTube
Thomas Müller Goals / Skills - YouTube

He's a beast IRL, but in FM he seems to be a massive waste of space. Of course it doesn't help that FM decided to give him pretty awful technical attributes. He does, however, have some very impressive physical and mental attributes so he should be fine (after all Mario Gomez has been given even worse technicals but has managed 28 goals in 29 games for me this season, and 11 in 4 games for Germany).

Muller had one really good game for me as a poacher in pre-season where he came on as a sub and scored twice, and he's also had a very good game recently as an AM where he scored a hat trick and got a 9.6 rating, but aside from those 2 games he's not really put any effort in, and has been a bit of a waste of space really. As a result he's hardly playing having fallen down the pecking order behind Kroos (who is brilliant, BTW) and Adryan (who gives much more to the team despite not speaking any of the language and having significantly lower teamwork, work rate and determination). And now I've discovered that Jovetic, a striker, can also play in the hole far better than Muller can.

I've seen Man City buy him for £30-odd million in another save, on £160k wages, and he was even worse for them than he's been for me, so I'm getting really tempted to cash in, which would be a shame really as he is ace and a key part of Bayern's team IRL.

Has anyone managed to get any sort of consistent form out of him and how?

Idly enough, when I was at Bayern he was a backup player even though I love him IRL. However in my Real Madrid save he became a key player in my squad and every second match was due to him.

To be fair, Muller isnt actually technically great IRL, its his intelligence that is his biggest strength. He constantly finds space, and exploits it. City signed him, and he is scarily good in my save.

I had a save i was using w4nkers mw tweak, muller was amazing in the complete forward support, i was playing fmc, him and schweinstegger or whatever it is are my favourite fcbayern players

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I have to agree, IRL the player is great, in FM not, but apart from that, a lot of players suffer from that. Garay in Real Madrid had more than 12 or 13 in pace. Just because he went to Benfica, now he just goes to 9/10...

He lead my scoring charts with 25 in 50 matches for 3 consective seasons in FM12. I think he's better off as an IF.