z1co80

Reaction score
I just don't get it, How can a team go 16 wins and 2 draw through their first 18 games then just fall apart and lose the ability to score even against the weakest of teams?

I am under no illusions that teams have ebs and flows through a season but the way this game is it's just so unrealistic. I have tried everything changed tactics, match shouts, encouraging players, saying i was disappointed, trying to get them to play through it, dropping them.

But nothing works its a ******* joke. I outplay teams, outshoot them, have more posession but my team just can't score. I wouldn't mind this so much but i was beating teams 3-4-5-6-0 but now i can't score against the worst teams in the league. I use wolfsongs team talks, raiken 4-3-3 and have a great team that was clicking at the start of the year.

I can't get my head around it, Good teams don't go unbeaten half the season and thrashing teams to can't beat anybody and not score.

**** teams don't go unbeaten and thrash teams every week.

It's just not realistic and it's sickening when no matter what you do nothing works.

Didn't Chelsea do that at the start of the season? Of course it's realistic, anything can happen in football. Just because you can't win doesn't mean it's fixed, the game's against you or it's unrealistic.

Maybe your team has become complacent throghout the second half of the season, after their great start maybe they think their better than everyone else and started strolling in matches?

It's like that in English Premier League. anything can happen in that league! and look how close the bottom 10 from relegation, 10 or 7 points apart from 10th to 20th?? Its crazy man. If it didn't happen in football manager, it'd just get boring, this is where the excitement comes from, teams challenging your top team :). Thats why i always am the lower team challenging the likes of Man utd, chelsea and etc :)

Oh harro Mr Ancelotti.

Have you considered it might be your fault rather than the game's? Maybe your squad is suffering from burnout. Perhaps they got overconfident. There's a whole range of reasons why. Me, well, I'm not so good at squad rotation, and so my squad often suffers from burnout in the last quarter of the season. You just find ways to beat it or prepare for it.

what works for me is simply changing from balanced to fluid and changing one or two player roles and I start to win again as it keeps both the opposition and my players on their feet

Guys i am just really frustrated right now, i don't believe the cpu is against me it just feels like i have tried everything, here is my latest run of results

WolverhamptonWanderersWolves_Fixtures.png

I just cant score, i am all over teams and getting golden chances but they just aren't being put away. This is how the league table looks.

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable.png

My team did get over confident but i am just not sure how to drum that out of them.

I agree with this problem - form is way too overpowered. Don't overlook the fact that your hot streak was just as unrealistic as your cold streak.

And would people stop saying "oh, your team is just complacent". That could explain a few bad games after a hot streak, but teams will go cold for dozen or more matches. In the Chelsea game I was playing I dominated for 20 matches, then fell apart for 20 matches. You literally won't have a single guy getting a 7 rating in any match. That's not complacency, its forgetting how to play the game.

Personally I know what I'm doing in the game, and its pretty easy to tell when its something I'm doing wrong, or the players are just destined to play poorly. Usually manifests itself in guys wandering around the pitch aimlessly, not chasing balls that are very close to them, missing easy shots, etc.

Last edited:
I agree with this problem - form is way too overpowered. Don't overlook the fact that your hot streak was just as unrealistic as your cold streak.

And would people stop saying "oh, your team is just complacent". That could explain a few bad games after a hot streak, but teams will go cold for dozen or more matches. In the Chelsea game I was playing I dominated for 20 matches, then fell apart for 20 matches. You literally won't have a single guy getting a 7 rating in any match. That's not complacency, its forgetting how to play the game.

Personally I know what I'm doing in the game, and its pretty easy to tell when its something I'm doing wrong, or the players are just destined to play poorly. Usually manifests itself in guys wandering around the pitch aimlessly, not chasing balls that are very close to them, missing easy shots, etc.

I can understand why guys maybe were ****** with my first post, I worded it wrong and to be honest sounded like a whiny ***** lol. I post in the heat of the moment and i comes off like i hate the game but i don't i just want to enjoy it but it seems i haven't found the right formula for success.

I agree with you're statement that the form is way to overpowered, hopefully it will be fixed. I ended up finshing the season 3rd and lost in the Euro Cup Final but my team never really recovered from that first loss, My strikers forgot how to score and every game was a lottery, i was never confident in my team the second half of the season.

I lost out for second place to Arsenal who won 5-0 in the last game to overtake me by one goal, I am in the Champions League and Euro Cup runners up but my board is only satisfied because i thought in January that i could mount a challenge. I have took Wolves from relegation fodder to 3rd in the league, 2 FA Cup wins, Community Shield win and Euro Cup runners up and my board is only satisfied? Come on thats not on, Club stature and finances have shot up but my board is only satisfied they should be hanging off my ****. If the right job comes along then i think i will be taking it.

Guys i am just really frustrated right now, i don't believe the cpu is against me it just feels like i have tried everything, here is my latest run of results

WolverhamptonWanderersWolves_Fixtures.png

I just cant score, i am all over teams and getting golden chances but they just aren't being put away. This is how the league table looks.

EnglishPremierDivisionInformation_LeagueTable.png

My team did get over confident but i am just not sure how to drum that out of them.

To be fair M8 they are not bad results.

Match team stats? Those help to see the real quality of... You've heard that a million times, I guess so I will not continue. High number of long shots = poking with a rubber duck.

When you have such a rut, you must either stick with your tactics or give it thorough thought to one change and then stick to it. Don't go using a new formation and tactic every match, that won't help. It never does. In my early days of FM, I changed and changed and changed and I never got out of form ruts until next season. Once I changed to stick to the formation and try to raise/keep morale with player talks or give some serious thought to what was going wrong and make one change to the tactics and stick to that new one, I began to get out of form ruts, and not just to stop the falls in the table, but to recover what had been lost.

I also have one line I've found with my Real Madrid: attacking to score is not such a right mentality.

P.D. - Heeeelloooo Pep (Just joking in good spirits, obviously). 70% possession yet the chances and the Cup went to Madrid, even with his side having great ones. :p

If you still create good chances but your strikers don't put them away, line up other strikers for a couple of matches, even youth players if don't have any others. Then sub your main strikers in for the last 30 mins or so and tell them that you expect a good performance from them. If they fail to score again, tell them you are disappointed at the end of the match. That way I got most strikers out of their scoring crisis within a couple of matches and the guys who were lined up instead of them seem to be super motivated all the time and scored from time to time even if they were complete rubbish players.

You got to check the team talk reactions after the match though. Most strikers either don't show a reaction at all or get motivated if you tell them you were disappointed. Some react angry though - if that's the case I try to get rid of them asap because you can't push them with team talks due to their character.

Why no matter what i do does my team capitulate against Arsenal and Man Utd in the last 10 mins? I can outplay them all game but come the last 10mins my team just forgets how to play.

Obviously any team that are behind is going to apply more pressure and get more desperate but after having this problem a few seasons ago i added more players with high determination and composure but it doesn't make any difference and man for man i have a better team than both of them.

It's so frustrating, in game shouts and going more defenisve or trying to hit on the counter doesn't do anything likewise neither does sticking with the game the way i started.

Just thought i'd use my old thread so i wasn't creating an uneccesary new thread.

Any more tips guys?