carlin1967

Reaction score
I am looking for advice on what laptop I should buy. it will mainly be used for football manager and potentially for studying as well as work. My rough budget is between £300 to £400. Any advice on this would be much appreciated. My current laptop is 5 years old and is slower than a week in the jail.

I'd recommend one with an SSD drive for speed of loading, and the best processor/memory size you can get (i7 etc). You get what you pay for unfortunately, so more memory, bigger hard drive, better processor will cost you more, but will hopefully be good enough to avoid upgrading for a while.

Note I had a similar conundrum this time last year - only use my laptop for casual photo editing, movies, web searches etc but really wanted something fast for FM19. Originally had a similar budget to you but if you can stretch the budget to £500-£600 you can get something much better than an the basic entry level ones. If it helps I have something like this one..

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/comp...e-i7-laptop-256-gb-ssd-grey-10169399-pdt.html

Cheers for the response, that gives me an idea what I should be looking for. Would a 250gb ssd be big enough?

Depends on how much data you download etc. For everyday use and for me it's fine. If you're into downloading loads of movies etc you can easily off-set any space worries by getting an external hard drive to stick any bulky files onto (you can pick up a 1TB external drive for £50ish).

Just another note most modern SSD drives type laptops don't come with a disc-drive, so if you're into putting stuff on disks perhaps you would want to get a disc drive, you can get external ones (£25ish). I bought one when getting the laptop and have honestly used it only twice in the past year..one of those times was to install FM19!

These are recommended on the website of footballmanager.com list of Compatible Tablets

[FONT=&quot]If you are looking for a laptop, you may be interested in this list, which is not on the football manager website, but has been searched according to the characteristics [/FONT]laptot / portátil[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Last edited: