What leagues have no foreign player rule?

LI4M

Reaction score
A list of leagues that dont have any foreign player rules would be great!

thanks in advance :)

England and Norway require work permits, but no specific rule.

Portugal, Holland, and Germany have no rules against signing players.

But beware, this can make a save boring.

Thanks for the info Montanaro, much appreciated

Hows does it make the save boring surely if your playing with a Norwegian team and have access to more players it more fun??

Thanks for the info Montanaro, much appreciated

Hows does it make the save boring surely if your playing with a Norwegian team and have access to more players it more fun??

Last edited:
Of course it is great to sign foreign players if you are in the Norwegian league. But then it's not as fun as searching for the best local players and talents.

I've had Portugal and German saves, my starting eleven consisted of at least 9 brazilians or Argentinians.

It just makes the game kind of fake and easy. The last time I did a German save, I limited myself to one Brazilian/Argentinian per year (two if I find someone really great).

That's why I like playing my French save. No limits on signings, but I can only have 3 non EU in the lineup. This way I won't have the Brazilian national team playing european club football.

Beligum is my personal favourite league for that kind of thing. I'm not 100% sure on the rules cos I don't have the belgian leagues loaded up, but it's something like must have 6 home-growns in the match day squad. Which means you can pick a completely foreign starting 11 if you want, but it makes convincing that quality belgian utility player to sign for you a bit more exciting ;)

i prefer leagues with a rule to limit the amount of forign players i dont like the MLS but i believe your only allowed about 5 forign players in your squad i prefer those type of rules in normal leagues really encourages you to have the best youth setup possible to make your own players