What Lower leagues/teams are the most recomended?

ianhall65

Fake Mod
Reaction score
I've decided to start a new game with a lower league team and build them up and hopefully one day win the top league of the nation. The thing is i have never managed a lower league team as i usually only manage Rangers the only time i have managed outside of Scotland was with IFK Goteburg and that was on FM 10 so i would like to of teams that are financially sound and a decent fan base that could in a few years be at the top of the mountain in a few years i'm willing to go anywhere in the world to manage a team

Ebbsfleet. There rated to do bad in Blue Square Premier but i managed to get them promoted in my first season with a few quality free signings playing 4-1-2-2-1. And after that they started to get 3000 fans a game in League Two and the chairman has invested in a new stadium :), plus my current balance with the club since promotion is around £750,000, it was lingering around NIL for most of the season (thats the club balance not the transfer funds etc.) Signed Samba Kanoute, Arsenio Halfhuid, Peter Bore and a few midfielders who i cant remember.

I would say Afc Telford, they have a great potential attendances, and with a few transfers easily rip apart the non leagues

Luton. Hardly any money, nd you have to rely on free transfers but I got them to the Premier League

Lincoln City, got some starting wage to get you going

Woking, easy promotions into N2. Haven't played after N2 with them in 2012 but got them to Championship in 2011 in 8 seasons

Eastleigh in BSS, recently got a takeover and new board want the club in L2. Minor downside is alot of people from there are Southampton fans but success breeds and fans will soon start recognizing that and attend your matches. Have managed to get them to L1 last year and attendance was regularly 15k if I remember correctly after building a new stadium

Start with a team that has a great top division. That way it will still be challenging, but hopefully fun at the same time. I would say try one in a terrible league, but after a couple of years your team will be a lot better than the league and the league will be boring. Problem is your team will still be very terrible and not do well in champs league even when you do start to qualify and you will lose interest. Plus in a small league you won't be getting any top name players for awhile.

If you´re looking for a good challenge, I would suggest Lower Division games on Denmark, Sweeden, Norway or Italy. Denmark amateur teams are something hard to handle, but really exciting! Sweeden teams on second division are somewhat more stable financially, and with a good database, it´s somewhat similar to english lower divisions on terms of difficulty, not something never seen before. Norway and Italy are easier than the others, but if you try to manage one low rep team is a good challenge!

Depends how hard or easy your looking for. Generally I look for little debt and a stadium with potential that doesn't need immediate development. Nothing really compares with your local team if there not on you can download a database or just journeyman it up with Sunday League Footballer Experience or try something exotic but germans and italians can be very helpful at the start so would recommend having those leagues loaded

i got vauxhall motors to Premier League in around 8 seasons and it's a great save!! They were predicted to place Last in BSN and I won it with 5 games in hand. It starts getting very challenging in BSP, but with patience, you get there!!

fc halifax have some decent players, doing a save with them and in league 2 after 2 season, win blue squet north and got to 3rd round of fa, took nottingham forest to a replay then got promoted via the play offs in BSP. currently 5th in league 2