What makes a story interesting.....

AIM10

Reaction score
So I have tried a few stories on here and it never seemed as though anyone was following it so I was just curious. What makes a story interesting? Any advice would be welcome because now I am really just curious. thanks in advance.:D

P.S. Was not sure were to post this I am really, really sorry if I posted it in the wrong place.
ZoomButt.gif

i have just joined because i wanna do stories so i will be paying a lot of attention to this

i think pictures and a good write up is always good to keep people interested

It sort of depends really as there are several different types of stories that are successful. I think as long as it's well written without loads of mistakes, like TWrexy said pictures are also good to keep it colourful. I think the main things is if something happens in your story, such as getting a promotion or winning a trophy which is what keeps people reading and makes it interesting.

It depends really doing something different with big teams always does well, people say they prefer lower league stories but they never get the views a Man Utd story is going to get, key is to update regularly some people dont want to read a story until they know its going to last as there cant be many stories that get past 5 or 6 posts, dont be disheartened if you dont get hundreds of comments and likes straight away as people want to invest in your story which cant really get going until the second season where we will be able to see the changes you have made, i have done many stories in the past few months and my Man Utd and Man City stories have done the best, some people are well known on this site so get more followers anyway from previous stories so that can also make a difference to views, Also a lot of the more unknown sides in stories seem to do better if the updates are spread out more, Mojodex has had a couple of brilliant stories but that is thanks to knock out a season update almost every day!
Lastly dont do a story because you want views, comments or likes do one that will keep you interest or else your updates will feel like homework
hope this helps a little

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses. Also by pictures are you guys talking about screenshots or something else just wanted to clarify. Thanks again.Anyone else have anything.

Thanks for all the responses. Also by pictures are you guys talking about screenshots or something else just wanted to clarify. Thanks again.Anyone else have anything.

It can be both, screenshots are good as they can show things like league tables etc. and other pictures just add a bit of colour and make it slightly more interesting.

As coolmcool has quite rightly stated, updates are really key. Before I start a story I make sure i've got at least 3 seasons done so I can go straight in with alot of content, just be sure to stay ontop of your pictures, im guilty of missing a few myself! Personally I like to see a minnow rising up and I have done that twice myself, I rarely follow big club saves as I feel it's all just a tad to easy.

The other option is a superbly written story like what slimchap does, I personally love his stories and would follow anything he decided to write!

Good layouts to begin with, I don't really follow the stories side of FM-Base, but you can tell just by looking at how the person lays out their stories whether it will succeed or not. People with no pictures and long paragraphs never get much interest. Put time into it and make it look as good as you can (Have a look at how KLIPPYBO set's out his stories)!

Something original. No-one is going to be interested in you taking control of a big club and winning everything. Either go to unusual clubs, or have a twist in it (Such as trying to make an all English team)