What music library and player to use?

livin_dragon

Reaction score
I have over 5000 songs and i need a music program on my computer to use to play all of it. I was using itunes but it annoys the **** out of me because he screws around with the tags and just doesnt organise my music well. Do you guys have suggestions for other programs besides wm, winamp and itunes? thx

im going to try mediamonkey is it any good? foobar ill try tat too lol

I know you said besides winamp, but you just can't not love it :D

The media library is great as well. Probably the best part to be honest. It's so easy to use and search etc... It's also very light on resource usage.

I wasn't too keen on Foobar when I had it. It's just too simple and boring looking.

No point in looking for an alternative other than Winamp as it is probably the best player around.

Like Sean said the Media Library is probably the best part of it, I don't know how people like Gregor can use winamp without even bothering to use the media library.

well ive found monkey pretty good it organises my music well i will be using winamp for the sound but i think ill organise my files in monkey.

I dont use ML Lee becuase all my albums are in folders.

Having them in folders is actually quicker as with ML you have to add files etc then you have to search for the album you want to play etc whereas with folders its like 2 clicks

It's like 2 clicks in the Media Library as well and it is 1 click to add ALL of you music. So stop being stubborn and use it :p

Lee said:
people like Gregor can use winamp without even bothering to use the media library.

i dont use the media library n00b...

itunes sucks major ***

just out if interest using Media Library how many artists/tracks do you have and who are your top 5 artists in terms on number of tracks

I have :

Artists - 731
Teacks - 2989

Top 5 Artists (in terms of tracks)

1. Radiohead - 154
2. The Stone Roses - 121
3. Paul Weller - 86
4. Ian Brown - 78
5. The Jam - 78

Artists - 475
Tracks - 2537

Top 5 Artists (in terms of tracks)

1. Frank Sinatra - 247
2. Chris Rea - 150
3. Thievery Corporation - 117
4. Faithless - 94
5. Ennio Morricone - 71

my that was fun...

what program do u use 2 download your music and where do u get winamp from?

I rip my music from CD using winamp of course

39 Artists
834 Tracks

Top 5 Artists (by tracks)
  • R.E.M. - 226
  • Radiohead - 76
  • Mos Def - 45
  • Belle & Sebastian - 45
  • DJ Shadow - 43