What new players would you like to see in the scotland squad?

kevdo

Reaction score
Time for change eh? So burleys staying then along with butcher(at least pressleys gone!) with gary mac roped in to try and help?

The japan game's comin up on 6th of Oct,So i put it to you,what changes in the squad would you make? it doesn't have to be a guy who'll go straight into the team but maybe someone who could make an impact from the bench or somebody who might benefit from being in the 1st team set-up?

I'd like to see Riordan in the squad for an impact player and Snodgrass for the experience the fella would gain,he always had potential but was a bit mental,he seems to be turning in man of the match performances for leeds week in,week out?

Would also like to see the boyd Vs burley thing cleared up,we just can't afford to have someone of his scoring ability to be on the sidelines,i know he's a lazy big ***** but he's a scoring machine folks?

Danny fox has said he's eligible so why not he looks decent and has to be better than davidson/naysmith?

IF things were fine with Scotland , but they never are this would be the squad I would pick

Gk Alexander,Gordon,Marshall DEF- Berra G.Caldwell, Whittaker,.Fox, A.Webster,McManus, Hutton, L.Wallace Mid, Brown,Thomson, Fletcher, Robson, Maloney, S.Naismith, Hartley FWD S.Fletcher, K.Boyd, G O`Connor.

But as usual with Scotland things are never easy.

Would love to see Lee Wallace get a chance as well as maybe Riorden but he is too much of a **** not to end up messing things up for himself.

Steven Naismith and Chris Burke should be in there also

Aye, Chris Burke impressed me when he played against us a few seasons ago. Where's he now?

Aye, Chris Burke impressed me when he played against us a few seasons ago. Where's he now?
He's at cardiff and playing pretty well at the moment,but he just sort of fell away after a promising start with the gers.

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Would love to see Lee Wallace get a chance as well as maybe Riorden but he is too much of a **** not to end up messing things up for himself.

Steven Naismith and Chris Burke should be in there also

Naismith would be a certain starter in my team after the holland game,he was ****** outstanding and gave van bronckhorst a helluva time!

no offence to any scotland supporters but I cannot imagine a more tedious thread than the afore mentioned one.

no offence to any scotland supporters but I cannot imagine a more tedious thread than the afore mentioned one.
Thanks for your pointless input neighbour,unfortunately we are not blessed with the talent that england has so threads like this keep us proud scots dreaming of a better team!
sorry for boring you so i'll let you get back to kissing your engerlund badge and creamin over frank lampard!
no offence!!!!!!!

Not sure if burke is good enough but he must have a better shout than gary teale. Riordan is a bit of a myth, has so much ability and yet still hasn`t showed. Yet from the same team we have Steven Fletcher, playing with Burnley and doing well at international level. At the moment we have some good players like arfield, barr falkirk and mcginn at st mirren, who have been impressive. However there not ready at international level.

Not sure if burke is good enough but he must have a better shout than gary teale. Riordan is a bit of a myth, has so much ability and yet still hasn`t showed. Yet from the same team we have Steven Fletcher, playing with Burnley and doing well at international level. At the moment we have some good players like arfield, barr falkirk and mcginn at st mirren, who have been impressive. However there not ready at international level.
yeh totally agree with you,could prob take them to japan for the friendly for the experience get them used to the 1st team squad?

As soon as George realises that just cause they play in the Championship doesn't make them great then we'll be fine.

GK - Craig Gordon - Neil Alexander - David Marshall
DEF - Lee Wallace David Weir Andy Webster Alan Hutton Christophe Berra Darren Barr James Mcevery Steven Smith
MID - Charlie Adam Steven Naismith Scott Brown Darren Fletcher Kevin Thomson Chris Burke
ATT - Derek Riordan Kris Boyd Kenny Miller David Clarkson

Charlie Adam has been on fire in Championship for Blackpool beating 5 players before scoring.

I know i can't beleive how well Adam is doing. Are they playing him on the wing?

I know i can't beleive how well Adam is doing. Are they playing him on the wing?
I thinkl they're playing him through the middle cos they signed hamer bouazza and he's on the left wing,could be wrong but i'm sure thats the story!

I'm not sure but I'll tell you in December when I go to Blackpool for Blackpool vs West Brom to see him.

I think were in big trouble for deffenders. And our centre midfeilds is weak aswell. Fletcher never shows the heart he does when playing for Man Utd and Scott Brown couldnt pass or tackle if his life depended on it. Caldwell, McManus, Weir are all terrible. Need to stop calling up championship players. Burley has been a championship manager most of his career and has lived in england most of his life. Players like Commons and Morrison are a waste of space.

Good to see lee Wallace getting a call but bit gutted Burke isn't in there with his recent good form