What pc/laptop are you using, need to improve my game speed!!!!

KingDidi

Reaction score
Just seeing if someone can recommend a laptop preferably or a pc that has decent game speed to improve my FM experience, played on a mates pc a few year ago and skipping days took a few seconds.. on the laptop I have it’s taking me about 2/3 min wait to skip each day, also the graphics are shocking and the match game play is extremely laggy, I’m not overly to fussed about the graphics however the speed of my laptop is driving me nuts

ideally id rather not pay 700-1000 on a gaming pc but if I have no other option then I guess that’s what I’ll do, any recommendations will be appreciated, cheers

Just read through a few old laptop recommendation threads, I struggle with all the processor talk and I need this ram etc, means nothing to me I’ve tried to read up a bit but just can’t undestand it all haha, all I do is play FM don’t use the computer for internet or run anything else as well as the game, if that helps out at all? Cheers again

I have it currently installed on a self built Ryzen 5 1600 with 32gb of 3200mhz ram, a Gtx 1080 and 4x500gb 3d nand SSD's.. Its fast and smooth as silk.

You would get away with a 2nd hand Ryzen 5 system with 16gb of ram, an Rx 480 and a couple of SSD's.

I'll price one up for you on OCUK.

Okay so:

Ideally you want at least a Quad core processor, 8GB RAM memory, some form of dedicated graphics card, and an SSD.

What does all that mean? Probably not much to you but that is good enough for football manager.

When looking out for laptops make sure you see:

i5 processor
8GB memory
NOT INTEGRATED graphics

Took this from another thread that I replied to a couple of weeks ago:

I'd recommend one with an SSD drive for speed of loading, and the best processor/memory size you can get (i7 etc). You get what you pay for unfortunately, so more memory, bigger hard drive, better processor will cost you more, but will hopefully be good enough to avoid upgrading for a while.

Note I had a similar conundrum this time last year - only use my laptop for casual photo editing, movies, web etc but really wanted something fast for FM19, that wasn't massive and looked decent. Originally had a small budget of like £300-400 but ended up being £600-£700. You can get something much better than an the basic entry level ones around this price. Stretch the budget again to £800-1000 and your talking a level up again. If it helps I have something like this one..

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compu...69399-pdt.html

Graphics-wise - I don't play any other games on the laptop and I have only ever played FM using the old school 2D pitch and text view so for me graphics were not priority, so if you like to play using the 3D match engine you'll have to do a bit of research about graphics cards.