What players are over/under rated in FM 2012?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jden86
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 8K

Jden86

Reaction score
Who do you think stats/attributes wise has been hard done by or rated higher than they should of been (especially EPL players)? I think Ashley Young is better than they give him credit for.

Lukasz piszczek is way better than fm give him credit for.

Michael Bradley seems to be pretty overrated in my game. He's at PSG and is getting courted by pretty much every major European club

Under rated: Sven Bender: One of the best defensive midfield in the game. All his key attributes are 17 or above (except for acceleration which is 13 and strength which is 15 in my game). But his value is merely 7 mil and it took me 13 mil to purchase him. Fantastic so far, save my *** many times, I think only Mascherano is better than him in his position. When I look up in Fm editor, his position rating is 85 % (Mascherano is 82 %).

Over rated: Wayne Rooney, a good player but 300k /week for a player who score around 20 goals and giving about 10 assists per season is a bit too expensive.

Christiano Ronaldo: Shame: A good players, but 350k/ week for someone who score around 25-30, giving 4-5 assists per season is too much. Not to mention his shot on target ratio is below 10%, he shot around 400-500 times per season, around 10 times per match and score averagely 1 goal every 2 matches, which mean he usually wasted 19 attacking opportunities per 2 matches a lot of which could've turned into easy goals if he had passed for his teammate. A complete waste of money.

Alex Song is hugely underrated. I mean, just take a look at the passes and assist he gives this season. He is a great passer, with a good-very good creativity IRL, when in the game he is good just defensively. Overrated: Chicharito. Before I took LFCMarshall's edit file he scored something insane like 45 goals in 30 starts. With 35 just in the league. I know he is good, but he's not THAT good.

I think they have Song perfect. He has 15 Creativity and 15 Passing so he has the attributes. He's a great passer for sure and takes the "ambitious" passes but against QPR we lost so many attacking moves because he kept trying to chip it to RVP when it clearly wasn't working. So yeah he's got the right attributes and doesn't need it increased.

@topic
Chamberlain is underrated.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain & Scott Sinclair are massively under-rated.

Clint Dempsey is a possible player who is underated , We dont know at the moment as he may just be on good form IRL

Martin harnik is really underated. He is an amazing goalscorer and assister irl and does loads of sprints(26+)

RVP should have 17 or 18 finishing instead of 16, besides that they got him pretty good

Demba Ba's not as good as he is in real life, not by a long shot.

Demba Ba's not as good as he is in real life, not by a long shot.

Well before Ba went Newcastle he wasnt an amazing player, but now he has found his form at Newcastle. Plus FM was released before Ba scored all his goals.

Ba has been an amazing players for a few seasons now irl. Hes just scoring a bit more now

It will be interesting to see how FM13 depicts players like Ba, Welbeck, Young etc because in FM12 they are not that good at all. Welbeck in my save never made it at all and barely has decent stats before being shipped off to some lower league club. There are some players that are deemed "bad" yet this season they have played fantastically well.

For me Eden Hazard and Gotze are really overated, Hazard more so than Gotze. Would also add Charlie Adams and Danny Wilson. Under rated I would say Ba, Welbeck and James Forrest and Jelavic.

For me Eden Hazard and Gotze are really overated, Hazard more so than Gotze. Would also add Charlie Adams and Danny Wilson. Under rated I would say Ba, Welbeck and James Forrest and Jelavic.

Hazard really isn't overrated. Ever seen Lille games?

Rooney, Fletcher, Evra and about every United player is overrated imo.

Back