What quirky things do you do in your game?

MonagHusker

Reaction score
What unusual or quirky things do you do in your game? Things you wouldn't necessarily recommend, but you do anyway?

Do you like to sign the tallest or shortest players?

Do you always scout youth intake from a specific country regardless of its football prowess?

Do you keep the fastest around and how to build him up?

Anything you can think of.

90% of the time I end up getting the sack if that counts!

I edit specific ex-players to make their preferred staff role be a manager role. I want to fill up my save games with real players/managers controlling teams, not seeing a 31 regen manager win the Bundesliga in his 1st season with Leverkusen. (this actually happened and in a way made me mad)

When im offered a new job elsewhere I usually delay the offer and offer my best players new contracts with small minimum release fees so I can buy them for my new club for next to nothing.

Always try to get records in a league for oldest/younger players, even if i have to sign them to make 1 minute in the league!
My record is 42/14 years old!

When im offered a new job elsewhere I usually delay the offer and offer my best players new contracts with small minimum release fees so I can buy them for my new club for next to nothing.

FFNever thought of that before. Teams will start cathing on someday....Hmm, recently negotiated contracts, he is leaving us isn't he?

Always try to get records in a league for oldest/younger players, even if i have to sign them to make 1 minute in the league!
My record is 42/14 years old!

Good stuff. Not sure I have played anyone over 39, and then he became a trusted aid. How did you get a 14 year old?

I often play in lower/ obscure leagues &, if in the first season, I sign a free player who I later discover has already found a club IRL, I can't continue. At all. No exceptions. It just ruins it for me. No matter how much time I've put into a save I have to quit & start again.

A recent example, started a save with East Bengal in India. Spent hours combing through free agents & potential back room improvements in an attempt to improve the club in all departments.

Doing quite well, pretty pleased with what I had accomplished both on the playing side of things as well as staff recruitment.

In my never ending pursuit of success, I stumble across the name Tuncay Sanli in the list of free agents who would be happy to enter negotiations! Turkish legend Tuncay Sanli! I mean this isn't the Indian Super League, just the plain old I-League! This would be a massive coup! I immediately offer a contract & after I lot of back & forth terms are agreed. I sit back, fingers crossed, & hope to land my man. A couple of days later I get the news, Tuncay has arrived!

I immediately hit save & lay back on the sofa as I'm over come with a sense of self satisfaction. They may as well hand us the title now!

My joy was short lived however, as one google search later I discover that Tuncay has actually retired & is managing some Turkish club whose name I won't even attempt to spell.

Are you sure you want to delete this save?

Sigh, yes!

What a waste! From now on, I'm visiting transfermarkt before each & every deal! :S

I like to fill my staff/coaches with Ex Players of that specific club I am managing. Do this every save

I do always look out for giants. Last year my whole defense was world class 6ft5 plus players!

Signed two prospect players recently, a CM and Striker, didn't even look at their height until signed, CM 6ft5 and striker 6ft7!