what rights do i have???

jake10

Reaction score
hi

i need some advice on what rights i have.....

i took my laptop in for repair it had a 24month warranty on it and it broke after 15months, so i took it in they gave me a receipt which says on it 30days for repair so i went in on the 31st day and they didnt have it.

is there anything i can do??

thanks

you have the right to have a massive moan at them, i would! i always do when companies mess me around! why not! sometimes they give you stuff

lol i would usually but im in spain and my spanish is basic so that would be pretty difficult not been able to play fm for 3months

From a moral standpoint I would say you do have rights and should just try and talk your way around out it, having said that however from a legal standpoint if the receipt clearly stated 30 days and you waited 31 then there's nothing you can really do unless you review the receipt properly and look for a loophole like them having to inform you on the 29th day or something

You come on FM-Base for legal advice? Ahh smells of desperation.

All retail products come with a warranty which entitles you to a repair, replacement or refund.
The retailer must repair the product in a reasonable time.
You have given them plenty of time to repair the product and they have failed.

You are entitled to a replacement, or a refund.

I studied retail law and this is not something they can argue about.
They will probably try and claim that you will need to contact the manufacturer (BULLSHIT!!), the warranty is with the seller.

Best of luck.

You're entitled for either a full refund or a new Laptop, don't take anything less, if they refuse ask a manager. When i say 'ask' i don't mean ask....

Dont know much about law but dont let them **** you about mate just keep on at them.