What roles/duties/instructions suit my player thread

Raikan007

Reaction score
Good day, welcome to Fm-base and Fm14
smile.gif

This thread should be used to ask for advice on players roles and positions that best suit the players stats!

For example:

Neymar

Answer:

"I have had him best play as a poacher, with high freedom but he can also play as inside forward - attack"

please give proper suggestions and additional information to help the member out when requesting player positions
smile.gif

thanks, Neil

Aubameyang (striker from Dortmund), Gabriel Iancu, Rochina , Zivkovic and Balanta please ..
Sorry if i put a lot of guys but got them all in my team and still can't decide where to use each one of them .

Last edited:
Best place for Marco Reus? AMR Inside forward? Any other world class suggestions for this position and role? Ideally would like a left footer (yes I know Reus is right footed and no Gareth Bale lol)

Last edited:
Best place for Marco Reus? AMR Inside forward? Any other world class suggestions for this position and role? Ideally would like a left footer (yes I know Reus is right footed and no Gareth Bale lol)

I would imagine Reus is more suited for AML IF. It's his natural position + he's right footed.

I'm using Mata as AMC, but i can't get him to perform, what the best role for him as AMC? btw, I'm playing as united 3rd season and just got mata, I also using 3 AMC with Rooney as SS and Barkley as Advance play maker

Aubameyang (striker from Dortmund), Gabriel Iancu, Rochina , Zivkovic and Balanta please ..
Sorry if i put a lot of guys but got them all in my team and still can't decide where to use each one of them .

Aubameyang as Inside forward on one of the sides.
Iancu you can retrain, he will be a beast in lots of the offencive roles in a year or two if you give him some matches on the first team.
Raicardo Zivkovic is a must. use him as a sub, train him in the position you use you're striker. He also works as Inside forward and for me there is were he scores best.

Balanta you can train to a beast of a fullback or CB. If you use FB that dont runto offencive he wil lstop ANY crosses on his side. I use him as CB but put him on LB agaisnt big teams to stop players like Neymar, Bale etc.

Rochina i have no clue about

Aubameyang as Inside forward on one of the sides.
Iancu you can retrain, he will be a beast in lots of the offencive roles in a year or two if you give him some matches on the first team.
Raicardo Zivkovic is a must. use him as a sub, train him in the position you use you're striker. He also works as Inside forward and for me there is were he scores best.

Balanta you can train to a beast of a fullback or CB. If you use FB that dont runto offencive he wil lstop ANY crosses on his side. I use him as CB but put him on LB agaisnt big teams to stop players.
1) problem with Aubameyang is that he is my only striker alongside with Zivcovic( which is too young to be starter) so what role suits him best in FC? Poacher or advance forward ?
2) Can Iancu be top player as inside forward on AMR ? I want a player in that role ..or can i put Zivcovic there too ? Hm..
3) Can't put Balanta on DL got Santon for there ..

Just bought James Rodriguez to Swansea for 10 million pounds. He has got sweet stats for an attacking midfielder, but i cannot get him to perform well for me. In his first 15 matches he has got an average rating of 6.8, 2 assist and 2 goals...
Would greatly appreciate some help :)

Any tips for this player?

I have a regen striker, he's only 17 but his stats are good already ... but he's a striker and he's not scoring goals so that's not good... I'm currently playing 4-2-3-1, 2 complete wingbacks (shaw & rafael), 2 ballwinning central midfielders (fellaini & Wanyama), 3 attacking central midfielders (Vitinho in the middle as advanced playmaker, Rooney & kagawa beside him as shadowstrikers) and then my regen up front as poacher. Anyone have suggestions or tips on how to get him going?
View attachment 460179

Last edited:
best role for moussa dembele as a cm anybody? his dribbling skills are too good for a ball winning mid, but finishing too poor for box to box. really have no idea what to do with him haha

Yeah I second that... AML IF set to support but have your wingers switch wings during the game (via the instructions in tactics)
stats below using them tactics.
View attachment 417074
Wow I am impressed!
I use him as AML IF (attack) but might try this with switching wingers as my numbers so far with him are not so satisfying as yours ..

I'm using Mata as AMC, but i can't get him to perform, what the best role for him as AMC? btw, I'm playing as united 3rd season and just got mata, I also using 3 AMC with Rooney as SS and Barkley as Advance play maker

I played mata as a trequartista .... sorry if the spelling is wrong, but he played 28 games scored 4 goals and had 14 assists with a average rating of 7.35 on my first season

I have a regen striker, he's only 17 but his stats are good already ... but he's a striker and he's not scoring goals so that's not good... I'm currently playing 4-2-3-1, 2 complete wingbacks (shaw & rafael), 2 ballwinning central midfielders (fellaini & Wanyama), 3 attacking central midfielders (Vitinho in the middle as advanced playmaker, Rooney & kagawa beside him as shadowstrikers) and then my regen up front as poacher. Anyone have suggestions or tips on how to get him going?
View attachment 406546

I believe that belongs in the best regen thread. Either that or he's been edited to be better than he is.

On topic however, I believe playing him in a poacher role would suit him best.

How about cabaye, moussa sissoko, ben arfa, eduardo salvio?
Im playing 4-2-3-1

At the moment cabaye has been playing as deep lying playmaker but hasn't really performed. Moussa has been box to box not been getting the results i wan't from him. Salvio has been a winger on AMR. Ben arfa is currently AMC - offensiv playmaker but I am considering changing him to a trequartista? ANy thoughts?

I use Mata in 2 roles depending on formation:
AMC, AP (S) in a 4-2-3-1 and as AMR, AP (A) in a 4-5-1. He's won the MvP of the CL twice and the golden ball once (world cup played a big role in that). He seems better in his AMR role, due I think to the fact that he is better at playing attack than support.

i need player instruction guide
my tactic fluied attacking 3-1-4-2
3 BPD ,1 DLP(s) ,2 Winger(s) ,1 BWM(s) ,1 CM(a) ,1 TM(a), 1 Trequista(a)
here is my player role
Llorente TM(a) - low scoring , good assist
Tevez Trequista(a)
Pogba & Marchisio CM(a) always try stupid long shoot
Asamoah,Lichnisner Winger(s) always get 1 Yellow card in every match
Vidal BWM(s) had no problem with this
Pirlo DLP(s)
Chielini,Bonuci,Barzagli BPD good scoring

Subs : Zelalem ,Zivkovic,Padoin, De Ceglie,Ogobona,Caceres,Isla,Giovinco,Quaquerila,Vucinic,Vajebah Sakor
Glad if u can help.

Andrea Pirlo, Juventus, second season. My assistant says DM - Halfback - Defend. I think he could perform better as either DM - Regista - Support or as a CM - Advanced Playmaker - Attack.

What do you think?