kyanto

Reaction score
I'm playing Basel now in the 2nd season . I play a 4-1-1-3-1 formation with one DM as anchor a MC and a AMC and two wingers. The problem is I don't know what roles to give my offensive players.
I have F. Frei as AMC, Xhaka as MC and Stocker as left wing, however all of them like to play as advanced play maker.. Can I give them all the same role at the same time?? Or should I better give Xhaka the role of a centre midfielder and Stocker as a winger? Also, I have the MC on support and the wingers and forward on attack, so what role would you give the AMC, support or attack?

Also do you think this a good formation in general?

I've never played that formation so i can't comment on how effective it is but the role of the advanced play maker is to find space and create chances, if there's more than one they will get in each others way. Whereas if you have a winger when the play maker receives the ball he will have more space because the winger is forcing the full back to follow him instead of tracking the play maker, which allows him to pick up the ball and make a killer pass. It depends on the mentality of your full backs whether you should go support or attack as you don't want more men attacking than defending.

My Fullbacks are both on support.
I have now 3 players on attack duty and 3 on defend(CB's and DMC) and the rest on support. Would it make sense therefore to put the AMC on attack as well? And let the MC play as CM with a support duty I suppose?