Reaction score
Hy all. I am new here so i want to have patience with me until i figure out where to post corectly and also i have some problems with english language.

I think not very much people play fm 2012, but i hope to obtain some info from you guys. First at all, i play this game because i dont like to change the version of a game year after year. I spend some time in fm 2012, i read this forum but still have issues. For the moment i play with 2 save. First with Otelul Galati in Romania (in this career want to promote and train youths ) and second career with Steaua ( only old and very good players, not single intention to train youths ).

In Romania career at Otelul I have the most powerfull facilities in Romania, best coaches but my Wonderkids dosnt seems to become very great. I train Nastasie from Steaua for 5 years ( has a PA of 4.5 stars, but after 5 seasons the CA is 3.5 stars only. Because of low championship ratio i play him 15 matchea per season, i train him, but he raise only at 3.5 stars after 5 seasons. I sell him for 6 M only.

In My Steaua save a play a wealer-dealer job. Buy guys with 3.5 stars minimum in CA and sell them after a couple seasons with some profit. Due to low championship i manage to buy 5-6guys per season and olso sell and sell them at first call and obtain nice profit. In this save i olwais win title because my team is always the best.

But i want to try the youth approch with Otelul. Get my nervous because idont know how to maximise the training for obtaining players who reach theyr max potential. I try individual, ifocus for only 2 skills to improve per season but players put onto a intensive schedule seems to lose other skills who are trained on low.In fact what my wonderkid gain on intense lose on low training skills.

And another thing. Somewone of you try the wealer-dealer strategy? Try to buy already good or verry good players aged 20-24yo and then sell them? This strategy dont make enourmous profit but if you sell 6 guys every season after 5 season can make much more profit than if you sell a wonderkid once at 4-5 season.

What strategy is best?
Also how many season need to train wonderkids toreach max PA?

PA is useful for scouting players, but once the players are on your team, you should forget about PA. PA changes a lot for many reasons: injuries, overall improvement in the squad (it's a relative thing), amount of playing time, etc. Better to pay more attention to attribute progression. The more playing time, the more improvement you will see in the youth. If you can't get them enough games, loan them. Tutoring also helps a lot with improvement. Also it could be that you're not optimal results because of your training schedules. If you think this could be a problem, there are schedules on this site available for download

As for a buy/sell strategy, when I'm managing small teams, I buy players (ages 18-25) who are undervalued but able to contribute within my tactic. In places like Portugal, Norway, and Austria, I have found good solid players (regens) for as little as 50k (I usually expect to pay between 200-900k though). When you get them playing well in your team, their reputation increases and teams take notice. The player doesn't even have to be that good, just needs to perform well.

With bigger teams I don't care that much about making money on transfers. I just buy to fulfill my desires and sell those I do not like.

If you want to do a full youth approach, you need to have junior coaching and youth recruitment at excellent. Training and youth facilities at maximum. At least 4.5 star coaches in every category.

Once you take care of all that, at the beginning of your season, don't buy any players. sell players you don't want, or players who will get you more money than they are worth. Then look at your tactic. Fill in the lineup with the best players you currently have and then fill whatever remains with your youth players

It might be tough especially if your youth team is trash, but for me it's the best way to develop them. When you play them regularly in your first team between the ages of 16-19, they improve so much.

Hope this helps a little

I don't ever see any star ratings on coaches... just their attributes... where do you see the star ratings?

Go to training > coaches. There you will see star ratings for each categories (attacking, shooting, defending, etc.) to figure out the star rating of one of your current coaches, assigned him to a category then look at the corresponding rating.

For figures out the star rating of a coach you do not have, use "FM Coach Calculator" (search it in google). When you download it, put in your coaches attributes and it will give you star ratings for each categories

i know I said to get at least 4.5 stars, but 4 is ok also. 4.5-5 stars can be hard to find (Especially with strength and aerobic) even if you have the money to steal a coach from another team.