What style of play, is your style of play?

Reaction score
Hey guys!

One thing I have noticed across all FM games I have played, is regardless of what team or what division I am/in. I always use the same sort of tactic.

Short passing, attacking etc. Even when outsiders, it always looks good for me.
(Depsite getting trounced quite a lot.)

I am just wondering, what is your style of play that you always seem to adopt, regardless of what team you are.

-Attacking
-Fluid
-Short Passing
-Counter Attack

These are mine, what are yours?

Balanced, attacking and more direct especially for LLM managing

pretty similar actually...
i like an arsenal team approach so, attacking,short passing,counter but i have rigid and hard tackling centre midfielders....pace on wings and quality upfront...
my man city team 4-4-2
gk- Given
dl- Marcelo(automatic-overlap wingers)
dc- Chiellini(defend)
dc- toure(defend)
dr- ramos(automatic-overlap wingers)
ml- robinho(attack-cut inside)
mc-barry(deep lying playmaker)
mc- mascherano(ball winning midfielder)
mr- ronaldo(attack-cut inside)
fc- villa(complete forward-attack)
fc- tevez(complete forward- attack)

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

best thing to do is just spend a few hours on your tactics..i started downloading other peoples tactics and got bored....half dont work...so i jus took my assistants advice on most suitable formations at start of game and embelished it myself changing player roles and buying players to suit the tactic as opposed to changing tactics for players..thing is, there is no unbeatable tactic..but there is ones to suit u n ur team..n its usually more rewarding to do it yourself..anyway hope u get it all sorted mate

Nice, I started altering though mine this week.
Despite having Q.P.R. in the Prem, with a very strong side....

I am playing 'Contain'.
Virtually conceding nothing, yet still having 4-5 clear cut chances a match, even against the likes of Man City and Chelsea... Just need to ****** break my duck against United.... 7 games against them in 3 seasons.. All either draws or losses... Including a 2-1 Champs League final against them..

But I just thought it would be interesting to see if other people always go attacking, or whatnot - Not asking for advice or anything, just pondering.

I prefer attacking with short passing, but just recently noticed it needs "fluid" strategy to work out(thks JP).Tried several tactics from here but they are obviously not a product of lots of hours of consideration.Just moving sliders around obviously doesn't work.The problem is i use quite a poor Eastern European team-CSKA Sofia, and yet can't find the way to bring good enough players.What is quite interesting about approaching a game I used 4-5-1 with one midfielder moved upfront with flowing and attacking style against Valencia(home) and they cilled me on the field but never managed to score-0:0, thats the way i liked it!

As close to Total Football as I can possibly get given the resources of the team I'm managing.

i like to have wing backs pumping crosses into the box, i like hard tackling midfielders with good long shots, i like wingers to cut inside and have a go on goal, i like one quick striker who knows how to finish and i like a bullying striker who is tough and good in the air, i like my center backs to not come up for set peices as counter attacks can destroy you

I love an assymetric formation that plays like Arsenal or the current Barcelona tactics. That's how I love my football. In FM I like to keep the ball as much as possible, simple pass and move, a bit like how Brian Clough done things. Therefore I use JP's Clough tactics.

i agree jamie, i hate complex football, mines easy going really, problem is the wing backs crossing gives away a dang lot of possession which does not help

I have the full backs set to cross from deep and to the centre and they get a bag load of assists. I love a good pacey full back like what Gary Neville used to do in his day. Sagna and Evra are good modern day examples. Since I like short simple football I rarely have a target man or if i do I have it set so that he receives the ball at his feet.

Starting strategy: Control
Philosiphy: Rigid
Passing style: Direct
Width: Wide
Closing down: Press more

They are my basic ones

I like to play a rather cautious set up with most players concentrating on their defensive duties. Then I add some instructions to suit the specific competence of my best players. If this means plying down the left flanks and letting my star winger cross form deep onto my great FCR header, then I do this as much as the AI allows me