Could anybody suggest a good tactic with these players please. Struggling towards buisness end of the season.
everton 5th season

Ruddy
Evans
Smalling
Baines
Richards
Bochetti
Rodwell
Fellaini
Ozil
Isco
Stoch
Deulefeu
Barkley
Neymar

A few other decent fringe players but these are the pick

Could anybody suggest a good tactic with these players please. Struggling towards buisness end of the season.
everton 5th season

Ruddy
Evans
Smalling
Baines
Richards
Bochetti
Rodwell
Fellaini
Ozil
Isco
Stoch
Deulefeu
Barkley
Neymar

A few other decent fringe players but these are the pick

4231 possibly with a DM and a CM alternate sides. Neymar as a poacher set to run onto ball. Ozil behind as AMC AP S with option to roam. Then IF on Right and W on left? Looks like a really good team but for me too many players that play the same game (too many creative) try fellaini at Anchor and Rodwell at CM as BWM S this should allow to break up play a bit better.

I would argue thats the problem if you are struggling because your attacking players are ridic.

thanks. I think you are right about the creative side. 20 games gone this season and I am 4th. But have 60+ goals for but over 30 against. I have a striker (some french guy i think called Fleury) he cannot stop scoring so I have to play Neymar left wing which then leaves Isco and Ozil to fight for the AMC so 1 is dropped. I kind of play a 4231 now but with rodwell just in front of the back 4 slightly to the righ and Fellaini in the CM. cannot think what roles I select as not on the game at the moment. I will move Rodwell back to CM and see how this works.

Playing 4141 atm.

-----GK------
FB-CB-BPD-FB
-----DM------
W-DLP-APM-W
-----DLP-----

Tho the striker is changing a little back /forward, trying to find out what suits my BVB team best.
Running unbeaten in my 2nd season, after skipping Lewandowski to Real M.
Since he got emo, and wanted a new challenge...

So brought in Stevan Jovetic, else im experimenting with a 4-1-1-3-1 tactic as well.

thanks. I think you are right about the creative side. 20 games gone this season and I am 4th. But have 60+ goals for but over 30 against. I have a striker (some french guy i think called Fleury) he cannot stop scoring so I have to play Neymar left wing which then leaves Isco and Ozil to fight for the AMC so 1 is dropped. I kind of play a 4231 now but with rodwell just in front of the back 4 slightly to the righ and Fellaini in the CM. cannot think what roles I select as not on the game at the moment. I will move Rodwell back to CM and see how this works.
I use the 4-2-3-1 for home games. With your stable of strikers the 4-4-2 could do well for you though. I use a defensive 4-2-2-2 on the road vs 442 alternating with 4-1-4-1 for tough away matchups who feature either 4-2-3-1 offense or 4-3-3 offense. 38 goals scored and 2 allowed in 10 games in the Barclays Premier League this season. I think I've found my ideal 3 tactics.

3-4-3billj

Hi all - first post so go easy!

I'm midway through my 3rd season at Norwich, going steady but not won nuffink yet. However, I've just begun playing a tactic I've come up with and it's yielding my best results yet (including spanking Liverpool 7-1) pushing me up to 5th. Here goes:

I designed it as an alternative to 3-at-the-back formations: and it's different to the Electric Octopus one, honest! The wide back 3 covers space much better than a narrow one when in possession, and effects the shape Barca have when their centre halves push wide and DM drops in. They also proide width despite being mostly defensive, meaning I can retain width+overload central mid+overload upfront.

Both full backs are ultra-defensive and have no creative freedom either.
They also have closing down set to just outside Own Area. They're set to man mark (specific) their respective centre forwards when up against a 4-4-2, in order to plug the obvious holes in the back line. For example, the right fullback man marks the left CF. You have to manually assign this before the match.

Alternatively fullbacks just man mark when up against a team with one up top + wingers.

The single centre half is also ultra defensive but set to zonal marking (tight marking: no) in order to retain his position at all times and sweep up loose balls.

I haven't fiddled with anything else for individual players, although the team settings are:

Zonal marking
drill crosses
counter=yes
Closing down=press more
roaming=more roaming
philosophy=rigid
strategy=control

View attachment 464435View attachment 464434View attachment 464433

i did the opposite... general: average or high fitness match tr: def.movement and planning the same|)
let's try to see if with this training things getting better (H)

How were your results Sirrafone? :) using the tactic now with QPR!

No idea what tactics I am using.

In the Team Instructions is is mainly a fluid style with a control strategy. But that is not fixed and can change at any time during the game.

The playing style elements are all set to default so that the player settings come into play.

In the Specific Instructions the defensive line is deep, I play wide (down both flanks) with a slow tempo and I counter attack. I do try to get goals.

I always have a 4-4-2. It is simple and straight forward.

This is an example of the player instructions

View attachment 461634

Hey i just wanna ask if someone could recommend a tactic that did decent for you and which doesnt include players in these positions:
-Sweeper
-WBR/WBL
-DM
-MR/ML

I would recommend using 3-1-3-2-1 but i don't know if would work for you since it is not very common (as far as i know). I used it very little on my save and i cannot say if it will work for you. All i did on my save with this tactic is setting my DM and the MC in front of him on defend plus the two wingbacks. The rest of the team i would put on attack and a lone striker up front (i would use target man but a poacher will do fine too if your players can create enough chances for him.) Short passing and quick tempo is also needed since you play little defensively with this and you will need to create quick chances for your strikers.

I use mostly 4-4-2 with two defenders, sometimes i put a sweeper and a defender infront of him, two wingbacks (DL and DR), two MC with one of them set on defend, two wingers ML and MR and one poacher plus one target man. Occasionally i will use 4-3-2-1 with WBR and WBL, two MC with one of them set on defend, one playmaker, two wingers and a deep lying forward. Each tactic is using Attacking strategy, Quick Tempo, the passing is more direct and the creative freedom is more disciplined. Since FM 08 those are the two tactics i would use on any save i create. But now i'm looking for another one and i would love if you could recommend me some which uses two forwards and three defenders :)

Last edited:
I use my own tweaked version of an Ariggo Sachi 4-4-2.

Is a 4-3-3-0 ( no strikers ) I use with Real Madrid and is pretty nice to watch. ( I know probally any tactic go with Real Madrid but with this I have 6 leagues on a row and near to my third "all competitions won"

I am using Chelsea with this seasons team, Eto'o and van Ginkle. I am using a custom tactic 4-1-2-2-1.

Cech

Azpilicueta
Terry
Cahil
Shaw (bought for £13.5m + Bertrand)

Koke (£33m)
Ramirez
Lampard

Mata
Hazard
Eto'o

Not started season yet, but it has not been working in pre season so far.

A simple 4-1-3-2-1 (4-3-3)

CF-a

W-s W-s

DP-s BTB-s
DM-a
LB-a CD-d CD-d RB-a