I'm looking for a team with:
- Secure finances i.e.. no debt
- Good youngsters
- Decent youth/training facilities
- A mid table expectancy
- Good fanbase
- Good backroom staff
- A moderatly rich owner the would invest a bit of money but no too much

Any suggestions. Can be in any league/country.

- Good youngsters
- A mid table expectancy
- Good fanbase
- Good backroom staff

Not sure about there finances but Newcastle? Swansea.. Wigan maybe? Thats if you want Premiership anyway

Cheers, although I was looking for a lower league team preferably out of England as I have tried Swansea and Wigan both of which were successful. I like a team that is defensive minded like Wigan and that doesn't concede many goals and can quickly snap up a goal late on in the game. I'm looking to start a save that is both enjoyable and rewarding. Tank you for your reply!

- Good youngsters
- A mid table expectancy
- Good fanbase
- Good backroom staff

Athletic Bilbao? Currently doing a save with them at the moment, the Basque only rule makes it really fun, and it meet's all the descriptions you wanted :)

Athletic Bilbao? Currently doing a save with them at the moment, the Basque only rule makes it really fun, and it meet's all the descriptions you wanted :)
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it. Do you have any suggestions for any tier two teams that fit the requirements? Thank you!

I have just looked up recently the "Basque only rule" and it looks like it could make a really enjoyable game. Another thing I like to do on FM is generate home-grown talent so a club like Guadalajara (the Mexican club not the Spanish one) could also be enjoyable as I believe they only field Mexican players!

Another idea I think would be enjoyable would be to take a team from America or Australia two nations that have only recently been introduced to football/"soccer" and turn them into a franchise like Manchester United or Liverpool. For example a team like Newcastle United Jets from the A-League could be easily converted into a franchise as Australia is close to Asia and a lot of Asian people live in Australia. Having the likes of Emile Heskey on the roster could easily boost their popularity in Asia and England. Although Heskey has a lot of critics for his goal scoring record I myself like him as he was born in my city (Leicester) and also grabbed a lot of goals in his prime years at the club. Signing big names like Michael Owen, who has a brilliant working relationship with Heskey, could prove very beneficial to the club. However to do this I would need a pretty big wage budget which links back to my topic about the franchise as it would generate a lot of income to the club. Another thing I would like to do would be to produce home-grown Australian talent and maybe manage the national team. Another thing I would have to consider would be to sign players from China, Japan and England to increase the clubs popularity over seas.