Aarrestad

Reaction score
After winning almost every match the first half of the season my players just decided that enough is enough. They now seem to give a flying rats *** about promoting to blue square south/north.
The players have ok morale, but they play like drunk monkeys. Every shot goes miles over the bar, even penalties. Everybody is match-fit also.

However, some of the players start at 100% match-fitness, but after just one half they're down to less than 60%.

I'm just about to kick my computer out of the window, but I doubt that will help.

Please help me before I put a bullet through my brains (A)

i dont want to sound like a broken record but it might be your tactics. I always change my main tactic at Christmas as the computer seems to work out how to play against it and more importantly win against it.

After winning almost every match the first half of the season my players just decided that enough is enough. They now seem to give a flying rats *** about promoting to blue square south/north.
The players have ok morale, but they play like drunk monkeys. Every shot goes miles over the bar, even penalties. Everybody is match-fit also.

However, some of the players start at 100% match-fitness, but after just one half they're down to less than 60%.

I'm just about to kick my computer out of the window, but I doubt that will help.

Please help me before I put a bullet through my brains (A)

i dont want to sound like a broken record but it might be your tactics. I always change my main tactic at Christmas as the computer seems to work out how to play against it and more importantly win against it.

1)...adapt their tactics or rather approach to the fact that you now are a topteam and are considered a bigger threat. Hence, they are playing more cautious against with more men behind the ball. Generally, this(often) means that you have to play wider and sometimes also deeper( use more of the pitch) and hassle the opponent more,making sure that they don't hold on to possession.

2.)When playing with a lower league team, you have to face the fact that the 3D presentation of a poor player playing badly results in that he is looking like an idiot rather than giving hints about why is not performing. That's just how the ME/3D present the difference between a good player struggling and a bad player doing the same.

3.) This is in most of the cases the results of players being exhausted or on the verge of getting so. They can still start the game fresh and have no problem recovering between games, but they will have less stamina during it. It can also have to do with that the opponent holds on to the ball and bounce it around in defence, making your players have to run more miles. Have a look at some of the games where you did not have this problem and look at the kilometers they cover and compare it to the more recent games

Last edited: