What the **** is wrong with my team??

daisuke

Reaction score
Hey guys, hope you can help me. I'm in second season managing Liverpool. In first season, at first I struggled and download tactics here (4-2-4 terence and goals galore). But mostly I used 4-2-4 terence. Then later, things got easier and I'm winning most league games with ease except nearing the end of season when torres is injured so that only left me with one senior forwards available, Hulk. So I won the league and Fa Cup.

Ok, in second season...I won the early games and dunno why, a few matches later the team performance goes down, and now I lost 2matches and draw like 8-10 matches out of about 21+ matches. but the matches which I won, only with a goal difference.

3 things I noticed about the poor performance:
- Lots and LOTS and LOTS of of players sent off. In fa cup 3rd round against lower division side, 2 players sent off and I managed to scrap a draw :S
- In a 1-0 or a goal difference win, the number of shots is more than 20shots with who knows how many one-on-one chances wasted by the players....:mad: Hang on, it happens in ALL matches..
- The wingers (Afellay and Sanchez) are absolutely rubbish and eventually I dropped them to play formation with no wingers

Based on this, I started to think that FM11 is playing with me as it is not realistic at all and similar to the problem players faced when this game is first released.

My usual formation :

----------Van Nilsteroy(sp?)/Suarez------------ Hulk

-------------------Gerrard/Hazard/Pastore------------------

---------------Hazard/Gerrard ------- Meireles

--------------------------------Annan-----------------------------

Mattock/Coentrao ---Agger/Carragher -- Wilson/Otamendi -- Kelly/Johnson/Fabio

I have to always rotate the right back as kelly and johnson always injured.Both of them and Fabio are easily tired too.

Sorry for the long paragraph oO) Solutions please?

I would suggest trying JP WOODYS HIGH SCORING or Koflok's Goal Galore.

In a 1-0 or a goal difference win, the number of shots is more than 20shots with who knows how many one-on-one chances wasted by the players...

I have that exact problem on my Man Utd game. Against Fulham for example I dominated, but only scored in the 90+4th minute. I had like 30 shots, about 15 on target...

When things aren't going well anymore it's time for a change. Try changing things a bit. The other teams have probably worked out your game plan and canceled it out. It's happened to me plenty of times. Also look at your players morale and form. It might be time to bring some fresh faces in. I've had players that look good on paper who haven't performed well at the start of the season, so took them out and forgot about them. But there's been plenty of times I've bought them back into the team when things haven't been going well and they've done a great job.

Try using your own initiative to create a tactic - you have a lot of talent at your disposal. Technically, there really isn't/shouldn't be one tactic that can be used to pwn all teams. You have to adapt to the oppositions strengths and weaknesses.

Guys buy FM but then don't FM. :S Go out there and be an FM man. :D

I just want to suggest you to change the formation a little bit. May be you are winning most matches, but did you try out 4-3-3 formation? That's a defensive but an effective formation.

I dont have enough strikers to play with a 4-3-3 formation..though I can put Sanchez up front, he is simply terrible..usually when I dropped a player for a few matches and play him again, he'll do well, but this is not the case with Sanchez...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, most of the opposition team's goals came from set pieces/header goals. My last matches is with Aston Villa last night in semi final carling cup AT ANFIELD and lost 3-1. All three goals came from header. Though I agreed my team performances are not really the best one, but there are lot of easy chances that players shouldve score. Villa got only 4shots..I mean, seriously!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

When things aren't going well anymore it's time for a change. Try changing things a bit. The other teams have probably worked out your game plan and canceled it out. It's happened to me plenty of times. Also look at your players morale and form. It might be time to bring some fresh faces in. I've had players that look good on paper who haven't performed well at the start of the season, so took them out and forgot about them. But there's been plenty of times I've bought them back into the team when things haven't been going well and they've done a great job.

Try using your own initiative to create a tactic - you have a lot of talent at your disposal. Technically, there really isn't/shouldn't be one tactic that can be used to pwn all teams. You have to adapt to the oppositions strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah thats what I did when my team started drawing matches. I did try my own formation and sometimes it work and mostly it dont. My problem is choosing the players. I have 6CB, Carra, Agger, Skrtel, Otamendi, Zapata (he's injured and just recovered recently) and Wilson. At first I use Carra and Skrtel (coz Skrtel did well last season) but not good enough. Then I tried Agger and Wilson and Wilson got an average rating of 7.4 out of all games. Obviously, I keep playing with them...but then Wilson make a mistake, and continuosly play bad.

The problem with my players and my decision are that the previous match this player played great, and the next match got a rating of 5-6. Then I drop him and play somebody else and the replacement play well but also got 5-6 rating the next match. SERIOUSLY...who the **** am I going to choose?The spot for defenders are really tight so I'm in a real dilemma.

I tried new formation again and again for a few games then change if it doesnt work many times. Yeah well, none of them work, if you call 1-0 win against weak side at anfield and lots of missing chances and plus the tendency to draw,I guess I have 1 formation in mind.

I'm 9points behind Chelsea and so desperately need help!!!