What to do with a player on poor form?

andyconor

Reaction score
Hi, I have Craig Mackail Smith and he has been on poor form ever since I signed him. He is playing a bit like Torres is now.

I was wondering how you can motivate him and make him play better.

Does anyone know any pointers?

I am playing him as a target man - attack.

Thanks

Tell him he's not the messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

(translated, tell him in a private chat to start performing)

Play him as a Poacher- attack- scored alot for me as Peterborough. he did go through baron spells of 2-4 games but then went on a run of summit like 15 in 8 games

He's not good enough for the championship imo. Always gets 7.2 in league 1 then 6.8 in the championship.

play a few easy friendlies, get the Morale back up, change your tactic either completely or tweak your current one...

start putting pressure on your players in Media conferences (try and put them down to an extent so that they prove you wrong) some might get upset, but it does work :)

offer your main players new contracts...

talk to you players and say they need to shape up or ship out if they are not performing...

drop your players that are not performing (I have done this to important 1st team players and they come back after 3 or 4 games and play like Gods to prove their worth to the team)

bring in a brand new player or promote one or two of your good youth prospects, depending on who it is it may prove as a catalyst and provide competition for places...