Reaction score
View attachment 82771

Incredible potential, great personality & developing fast but a 5ft9 CB with a jumping stat of 3 is not going to cut it for me.

Stamina, dribbling& crossing aren't really good enough for him to make a FB & I like my ball-winning-mid to be good at winning balls in the air as it's incredibly effective in this version of FM for cutting out quick counters.

Should I just develop with a view to sell?

He looks like he could be a superb fullback! 16 years old with a crossing stat of 11 is excellent for a defender, I would absolutely train him as a RB if I were you

He looks like he would make a great old fashioned fullback, adept at defending and attacking. Retrain him asap.

Stamina, dribbling& crossing aren't really good enough for him to make a FB
This doesn't make much sense. He's 16?? A player that young CAN improve physical attributes quite quickly.

His balance is incredible, which is great if you're going to look at him to cross at pace (another thing he has a lot of), while his crossing is already decent for a 16 yo.

You can also still improve his dribbling (did I mention he's 16?) but even if you don't, give him knocks ball past opponent Player Trait and he won't need dribbling.

TL;DR - he's 16. Relax.

I think you're all right. After 6 months of individual training the jumping hasn't improved at all so that's a lost cause but stamina & dribbling aren't.

Retraining him as a fullback.

Given he has incredible acceleration but (currently) middling dribbling, perhaps the "knocks ball past player" PPM might be worth training?

Given he has incredible acceleration but (currently) middling dribbling, perhaps the "knocks ball past player" PPM might be worth training?

You can also still improve his dribbling (did I mention he's 16?) but even if you don't, give him knocks ball past opponent Player Trait and he won't need dribbling.

At 16 he has plenty of time to develop as a RB, plus he may still grow (it does happen). I would be looking to retrain as a full back and see how it goes. However, jumping reach isn't everything a good CB always needs good positional skills and a positional ability of 14 at his current age is a possible indication that he is more of a defender in the Baresi mode than the traditional English CB. Baresi was only 5ft 9in after all but is still regarded as one of the greatest defenders ever.

Remember that a 16 year old will grow too. Develop as a wing back though.