What to do with unhappy players - help!

mynameiswills

Reaction score
sorry if there is already a thread on this but i searched and couldnt find anything to do with how to deal with unhappy players. Im Norwich in 2016 and 3 or 4 of my players want a move away despite me being on course to win my first prem title. I would try to cash in but ive been looking for new players but there are none at the standard of Otamendi, Cattermole and capoue who make up much of the defensive core of my team. Should i get lower standard players who are happy or keep the quality and unhappy players?

as long as they preform well keep them.

try offering new contracts and keep the media feedback going as often as you can, should help.

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere on the forum already, but anyway here's what I'd do.

preventing players from getting unsettled/unhappy in the first place:

- don't respond to any inquiries from other clubs regarding your players, unless they make an official bid (then you are forced to answer the bid)

dealing with players that are unhappy/unsettled:

- unhappy with first team football, wants to be transfer listed, and on occasion the wants to move to bigger club may sort themselves out after a few months or end of season if you just ignore it.

- players wanting new challenge: hardly anything one can do afaik. Although i had it happen that when I actually accepted a bid and when the player went into contract talks with the other club, the player himself decided not wanting a new challenge after all, thus making it possible offering a new contract.

- react depending on contract length of the player, if 1 year is left consider selling, if longer then maybe wait and see if it sorts itself out.

- players wanting new challenge: hardly anything one can do afaik. Although i had it happen that when I actually accepted a bid and when the player went into contract talks with the other club, the player himself decided not wanting a new challenge after all, thus making it possible offering a new contract.

If I really wanted that player, I would probably offer a new contract to them. Most of the time, all they want is more money. Take control of the situation before it gets out of hand.

What would that achieve? I mean - you want to keep the player after all.

They will "resolve problem" if you do that and will apologize ;)

Couldn't it backfire, though? I have tried this only with players I don't really want.

ive decided to sell lewandowski because i got replacements (Briand and Eduardo), ive agreed with cattermole to sell him at the end of the season but i really want to keep muniesa and otamendi because theyre kinda irrepplacable. Otamendi has be unhappy for ages but still performs and muniesais still performing but i made the mistake of telling him i wanted to keep hinm and got him angry. Will it blow over if i win everything? He wants to move to a bigger club but surely if i win the quadruple (which im on course to do) **** agree to stay?:p

ive decided to sell lewandowski because i got replacements (Briand and Eduardo), ive agreed with cattermole to sell him at the end of the season but i really want to keep muniesa and otamendi because theyre kinda irrepplacable. Otamendi has be unhappy for ages but still performs and muniesais still performing but i made the mistake of telling him i wanted to keep hinm and got him angry. Will it blow over if i win everything? He wants to move to a bigger club but surely if i win the quadruple (which im on course to do) **** agree to stay?:p

VDV became happy again at Portsmouth when it became clear that we were going to win the EPL. So you should be just fine too. Plus, if it happens, your club will get a massive rep boost. Don't forget to upgrade training facilities though.

VDV became happy again at Portsmouth when it became clear that we were going to win the EPL. So you should be just fine too. Plus, if it happens, your club will get a massive rep boost. Don't forget to upgrade training facilities though.

ok thanks think my board is improving them atm so hopefully muniesa and otamendi will get happy again|)

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

oh and does anyone know when otamendis attributs start to decline?

He's got such great physical stats that even if they start to decline, it won't really matter. Anyway, what season are you in? AFAIK, Defenders peak until 32 years, so he should be fine until he is 34-35.

sell them (that's what I do) moaning *****

not really helpful when i cant get replacements that are half as good - everyones so expensive as you get further into the game..

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:44 PM ----------

and does anyone know how well/badly ansaldi grows old??

Hello hello,

Ive been playing a Barcelona Real Madrid game with my brother. Its getting intense into 4th season I am Barcelona I bought 'Gourcuff' he is awesome! But after four season he now wants a new challenge i adjusted my budget to offer him 177k a week but money doesn't seem to help. I dont want to sell him. I had the same problem with my backup keeper Boruc and accepted a bid for him he refused the contract and then wanted to play for me. The problem is every time he plays now his morale is low and performances are below 6 how do I keep this footballing genious and get him playing to his best and happy!

After I had won everything my players all became happy again. Surely u cud try that with Barca??????

die die die i die the player die and then everyone die cos i have 4-5 unhappy players n now affecting my dear man u so do i sell them all? yes or no players: kevin,carrick,o'shea,ignacio camacho n mayb mido

although i can still keep winning but all of them are not playin as well as last season