What to do with Wrexham? re: journeyman career

Scarykarl

Reaction score
Hi. I have started a Jouneyman career that I am beginning at Wrexham. There is very little funds, not a great team of players, and a new chairman expecting miracles straight away. My aim is to win the FA Cup eventually with anyteam that wants that I belief has the best chance of attaining my goal.But to do this I need to do well at Wrexham, but with the poor players and a demanding board, I need help to achieve anything.First of all I need players, preferably free that will be willing to come to Blue Sq Prem, any advise much appreciated.Next I need staff and what to do with them.Finally, what sort of formation/tactics would be best in this league?I haven't managed at this level before so any advise appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Usually the rule with Wrexham is too get rid of the whole team and build a new one but on this FM the Wrexham side is pretty decent and will do a job in the BSP. I have just finished my first season with them and got promoted through the play-offs. Ended up finishing 3rd, 9 points behind winners Stockport. I signed jack lampe, dean bouzanis and pablo counago. Just about to get into the new season now in league two and havn't signed anyone yet. Just going to look at bringing a few loan players in to keep the wage budget down and hopefully get mid table what the board is after. Played a 443 attacking.

How you getting on?

I've just started a game with Wrexham too! Want to be in it for the long haul though. Don't know where to start looking for players/staff...

Just played my first leave game ofthe season. Won 2-1 vs Bath. I'm using a 4-2-3-1 form. Quite attacking but that's the style of play I like. Signed 3 players. Jordan Clark from Barnsley on free loan, gareth Williams former scots international who looks to be a quality signing already, and Damien McCrory from Dag & Red, mainly because he can play anywhere down the left. Time will tell I'm sure. Wanted Fab Brandy, but he wasn't interested :) got 30k TB left but not a lot of WB left. Any ideas on who else to get?

I always play with wrexham, you can get them to league 1 and maybe the championship at a push without spending any money. i get rid of everyone except for Morrell, Creighton, keates, Harris and Maxwell who are good firt team players. Salathiel and Cziezlevisc have got great potential for league one as well.

Players who i recomend are;

Jamil Adam (imense, 54 goals in 40 games)
Martin Camano (won non-league player of the season)
Danny Hutchins
Bachirou
Francoir Kompany
Lewis Guy (5k)
Derek Niven (10k)
Luke Young (loan to buy)
Danny Swailes
Liam Darville
Alfie Potter (15k)
James Cronesberry (spl.)
Sergio Remi

Hope this helps :D

View attachment 212283

My last of 6 signings before the season begins against Ebbsfleet in 5 days has been my best buy. Was looking for a center-mid and came across Ednilson, 28 year old Portuguese midfielder. 1.7k off the wage budget per week is expensive, and has never scored one goal across his 15 seasons as a professional footballer including two games with Roma in Serie A in 1999! His stats are good though and is a coup, will post the start of my season soon!

Second season, only played three games, won two lost one. Signed magno viera from fleetwood, will be a brilliant player i hope and signed fabian brandy on a free. first team is good but i think if i get a few injuries i could struggle! We'll see by december.

Hey fellow non league managers :p

I'm currently managing my 'love of my life' Mansfield Town.

Formation wise I change between a 4-3-3 and 4-2-2 deepening on who I'm playing. In my 4-3-3 I have RB-CB-CB-LB-CDM-RM-LM-ST-ST-ST, It works really well :)

Finally onto players to buy, As Mad_for_town said Martin Camano, He's on **** of a player at CB. Also Steven Craig ST and Paul Lawson CDM/CM from Ross County are also great players at this level. Finally onto a real gem of a player Damian 'the god' Casalimnuovo, Noticed I've gave him the nick name god cause that's what he is, He's unreal when you're playing him as a attack target man

Much did Magno cost you bud?

I had a 60k bid accepted in my first season in BSP, but he didn't wanna come to me :(

He cost me £140k I think it was, 9 league games left. Joint top but can't string two wins together but all the teams in my league are luckily playing the same. Thing which is annoying is i'm having plenty of shots but no where near enough on target!

Same with me, I've just played 4 games losing 2 and drawing having double the shots of them every game XD

Hi,

I am currently doing the same as you... I'm just starting 2016 in Championship with Wrexham...

i will say that Chris Maxwell (GK), keep him, I have only just got a new number 1 as Chris has constantly improved and got his 1st Wales call up.

Jamil Adam is a must, I got him in BSP and eventually sold him when got to L1 for 1M, He was constantly putting 30-50 goals a season in a DLF

I spend time looking through the players that were released, I have in my team Kerrison who is great for Championship team also Sone Aluko is a fantastic Left Winger who is still in the team

year after in L2 I got, Davide Petrucci who is still top AMC and must gets are Rhys Bennett (Free) & Rachid Bouchenna (10K I paid from Doncaster), they are still Primary CD partners.

Enzo Scorza he is BSP easily my best player and from his pre season form with me in League 2 he will dominate also. Stats are amazing he wont score bundles of goals but will create and exploit teams very well finishedlast season 18 goals 20 assits. Enough said! That is with Alfreton.

Also anyone who is looking for a dmc that they can nuture for the future Maruiello.

Hey,

From winning promotion in my first year and then getting into the play off final in league two the year after, I changed my side and staff considerbly! This was not a good thing to do as I couldn't win a game in my third season! I was very insucure as manager and I resigned! Was going to start as a Premiership team for a new challenege but I just can't do it. I have to manage Wrexham! So I'm going to start again and take my time a bit more. Will have a look at the players mentioned above.