What type of Stories are more Enjoyable for the Reader?

Reaction score
I know that this is quite a broad question with plenty of answers but what are most peoples favourite football manager stories to read?

The reason I ask is because I personally enjoy reading the stories of managers who start in lower leagues and either move up or move on to bigger clubs. Stories like pentagon Challenges and rags to riches.

However, I have noticed that the more popular stories seem to be of managers who stay with one club throughout their save which generally is in a higher league, teams like Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal seem to be quite popular...

I am tempted to write a new story based loosely on the pentagon challenge but with it being a bit more relaxed rather than moving the manager every other season just to aid the overall goal of the challenge.

My favourite is one that doesnt have enlarged bold text on the screen. If some of us older members are half blind we can adjust the font size ourselves. (Yes thats a dig at the size of your post)

But seriously I dont care who the team is, if its well written it will stand out. Stories tend to fizzle out so first impressions are key

Rather than a favourite for me, just one type I never follow and one thing that makes me stop 99% of times: the first are stories that think they're novels; the second is "hey, I signed every known wonderkid".

There are a few I may continue despite seeing wonderkids being signed (one example is FulltimeFM's videos) if before that I've seen the author do something worthy. Perhaps he signs the known wonderkids, but provides some interesting insight into his way to build his tactics, training or something or it's been too fun to punish it for that. Otherwise, including if it's the first installment without a chance yet to show he provides anything good at other part, it's end of reading for me. It kind of means (or raise expactation that) it's going to be let's do what anyone looking lists and tactics knows is successful. For me a story is worth following if it provides either fun or insight into some part of the game or how he does something his own way. This guy has an interesting transfer policy? Does he have an interesting say in how he makes his tactics? Is he fun? Then I follow. This guy buys by wonderkids lists, uses a downloaded tactic OR something like that? No interest.

I find non-English league stories more interesting because most people do the English leagues which is quite boring after 1 or 2 stories..

People's favorite stories are the ones that get past December.

Yeah, I am pretty much in agreement with everything said. I have a story going right now which is pretty much going to be the pentagon challenge - i'm currently in the K-league challenge fighting for play offs.

I actually think most people like to read teams with known players. Like I can't imagine people wanting to re how Lee Seung-Gyu is doing, and I don't expect people to remember what position each player is each post - as their names are all quite confusing.

Ahhhh mate. I'm wondering now and I've been looking for years now. I've never saw a Maidenhead save and they're way down in the Vanarama South. I've taken control of a poor poor club who's going to have some financial trouble. I'm just now through the end of September and currently first on the table. I must say, it's been a fun save so far.

Yeah, I am pretty much in agreement with everything said. I have a story going right now which is pretty much going to be the pentagon challenge - i'm currently in the K-league challenge fighting for play offs.

I actually think most people like to read teams with known players. Like I can't imagine people wanting to re how Lee Seung-Gyu is doing, and I don't expect people to remember what position each player is each post - as their names are all quite confusing.

Send me the link mate and I'll do the same. I'm always up for reading a good story.