What Went Wrong With Wenger- An Arsenal Story

RobCadle x

Reaction score
View attachment 379762

After the recent distress shown by fans towards Arsenal’s lack of activity so far this season in the Transfer Window, Arsenal Chairman Sir Chips Keswick has decided to take matters into his own hands; sacking former manager Arsene Wenger after a 16 year spell at the club.

When questioned, Keswick said:

“In his 16 years at the club Wenger revolutionised Arsenal football club, winning 4 FA cups, 4 Community Shields and 3 Premier League titles. However Arsenal football club has not won a significant trophy in 7 years, and this had to change.”

“We were growing increasingly frustrated with Arsene’s lack of ambition in the transfer window. There is only so much quality youth that can be brought in. We need a talisman, a marquee signing. Someone like Henry whose goals helped bring success to Arsenal for many years.”

View attachment 379761

Wenger responded by saying:

“Firstly, I’d like to thank Arsenal for everything they did for me throughout my 16 year spell at the club; however I’m disappointed at the sudden sacking. I cannot just enter the transfer window and spend money for the sake of spending money, the right players need to come up, and be interested in signing for me for reasonable wages.”

This sacking comes as a great surprise, especially after the retirement of legendary manager Ferguson from Man Utd earlier in the summer. After appointing Moyes as Man Utd Manager and the recent sacking of Wenger it occurs that the three longest serving managers in the Premier league have lost their posts, something of a shock to many football fans out there.

Bookmakers have made Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is the favourite giving odds of 6-1, with QPR’s Redknapp also touted an outsider with odds of 12-1.

This comes as some surprise, especially considering recent reports suggesting that AVB has already rejected potential jobs at Real Madrid and PSG this summer.

Last edited:
View attachment 379763

Arsenal shock the world by appointing obscure and unknown Big Rob C as manager.

Club Statement

"We are delighted to appoint Big Rob C as manager. Admittedly, he was not our first choice but I am still adamant he can at least improve on Wenger’s performance over the last 7 years. C impressed me with his determination to win this job; something that I hope will rub off onto the players. He also had a strong desire to win over the fans by spending money on proven players and encouraging free-flowing attacking players. He has also agreed with me to put forth a five year plan in which we can become reliant on players brought through the ranks to supplement the existing talent which C has promised to bring in. Because of this the board has given him our full backing, and a transfer budget of 65million to ensure Champions League Qualification through our league position.”

Big Rob C’s opening press conference (M= MediaC= Big Rob C):

M- You were something of a shock appointment, will this add pressure to the job at hand?

C- No most certainly not. No one knows who I am so if it all goes wrong it won’t be a shock. I have nothing to lose, something which removes a lot of pressure which other top managers have.

M- C, as you’re reportedly a QPR fan will you find it difficult to motivate yourself to manage an Arsenal side?

C- I think that my intentions here are clear, all I want to do is bring success to the club, yes it’s not my dream job, but it’s a job in which I feel I can flourish in. Maybe managing QPR is something I can look to do in the future after I’ve made a name for myself.

M- You’ve been given a transfer budget of 65million, will you be looking to secure young players for the future or will the bulk of your budget be spent on proven talents?

C- It is impossible not to look towards the future when signing players, of course some of my budget will be spent on young players with the potential to be world beaters, but my primary goal is to achieve success so big name players will be brought in to insure this happens sooner rather than later.

M- What area of the quad will you be looking to improve in the future?

C- My main aim is to solidify the midfield. Whilst Arsenal football club has great players going forward they often get over run on the defence. I’m looking to bring in 2, maybe 3 players who can change this.

M- You have been linked with many players over the last few days, one of which is Newcastle’s midfield maestro Cabaye, can you do a deal?

C- Newcastle are currently pricing him out of the market. I don’t want to spend 20million on him, if they can accept 15million maybe we can do a deal but until then we’ll have to look elsewhere.

M- Finally you have been looking to offload midfielder Diaby, does it look like he will be leaving this summer?

C- Look, simply put he’s not good enough. The only issue is everyone thinks that, no one wants him. If a deal is stricken for the player it will quite frankly be a miracle.

Hope you stick with it! I have the only other Arsenal story going on here at the moment bar the pass the parcel several have popped up these past few weeks but dont get past the first month! Good luck

I've finished the first season, just typing it all up now. Wasn't planning on storying it so i have to start a new save for player screenies on the LFC Marshall update :(

I've read through your story and youre doing good mate, looking to replicate your success managing the team in a different way.

I've finished the first season, just typing it all up now. Wasn't planning on storying it so i have to start a new save for player screenies on the LFC Marshall update :(

I've read through your story and youre doing good mate, looking to replicate your success managing the team in a different way.
Surely the update isnt worth it for Arsenal as they only have one new player!

Surely the update isnt worth it for Arsenal as they only have one new player!

The £65million transfer budget is. Plus some of the players i wanted to buy have slightly improved stats on the update.

View attachment 379779

Okay so now to look at the tactics and my expectations for the seasons as well my transfers.

This season I aim to win a domestic cup, achieve Champions league qualification and not embarrass myself in the Champions League this season. Should be easy enough right?

View attachment 379774

My primary tactic is one which looks to control the game. It works great at home and relies heavily on the supporting cm linking play between the defence and attack. I use advanced player instructions on my wingers to ensure they hug the touchline and whip in many crosses. This means that the poacher cannot be your generic poacher and needs more to his game then speed and a finish to be a success. I also make it so the wingers automatically switch wings during the game, in order to scupper teams which man mark. That is why I look to buy wingers who can play on either wing. Ultimately the playmakers sole job is to feed passes out wide or through to the poacher which means he is a great success, however he also seems to naturally pop up with many goals which naturally make them one of the key players in the team. I leave the defence how they are as I daren’t mess around with them and everyone knows the centre backs are incredibly over powered on this game anyway.

View attachment 379776

My secondary tactic is solely used against teams like Man Utd away. This tactic has to be implemented as otherwise we find ourselves isolated at the back. An inside forward is used instead of a winger to allow the team to play narrow, and thus solidify the defence. The inside forwards shoot regularly and look to play through balls instead of cross. A direct tactic is employed to allow a quick counter attack allowing the team to catch out the opposition defence more regularly. For me the pinnacle player in this tactic is the supporting defensive midfielder. This is because he links the team together on the counter attack, so high passing of course is a necessity. I also set him to run from deep a lot which is important as it provides more support to the attack and allows me to keep attacks alive more regularly.

Many signings were brought in so here are the main ones:

View attachment 379777
(I had to black out some January signings)

Total money spent on transfers was 163m, the team best perform for that price. Fortunately I also received 93m which certainly enabled the huge spending. Only other sale of importance was the loan of Diaby to Leverkusen for a fee of 140k p/m.

Last edited:
Why did you sell Giroud! Over 100 goals so far in just over 3 seasons for me! Other players you sold were definetly the right choice, interested to see a much changed arsenal side

Top 5 Key Signings.

5. Kyriakos Papodopoulos.
View attachment 379781
Anyone who’s played with this guy knows he is a beast and for 15m I just had to buy him. Him and Koscielny will complement each other well at the back.

4. L.Insigne
View attachment 379782
After some serious negotiation I managed to unsettle him. For just 12.5m this guy is a steal and will provide great depth to my team playing on either wing and up top.

3. R.Sterling
View attachment 379783
When Liverpool showed interest in Ramsey I negotiated them for 5m and this guy. They said 3.5m and Sterling so I agreed and my goodness am I grateful that I did. For someone of his experience he was so consistent.

2. M.Gonalons
View attachment 379784
This guy is unbelievably good and completely orchestrates the midfield. I had to approach him similarly to Insigne and unsettle him before buying him off the transfer list 11.5m for someone so consistent is an unbelievable deal.

For 47m he had to be my top signing. I’m looking for 25+ goals from him this season, however I completely forgot he had his 6 game ban, at least he can still play in Europe.
My sales were largely done to insure my finances did not get destroyed and hopefully I can use this solid base to make more big money signings in the future.

2 Key players already at the club are Koscielny and Wilshere. Looking at Wilshere’s stats, he is literally the ideal play maker and I will look to exploit this in the future. Koscielny will need to mature and ensure his poor discipline does not let the team down this season. If he can do this we will be fine.
View attachment 379786View attachment 379787

i know he's a monster but i hate him in real life and as you can see i signed a suitable replacement.

Will do pre-season next post, then do you think 3 month updates for the first season cool?

i know he's a monster but i hate him in real life and as you can see i signed a suitable replacement.

Will do pre-season next post, then do you think 3 month updates for the first season cool?
Yeah just while your catching up as you wont have the screenshots, i would power through this seasons updates then go from there

The Big ones. Pre-Season

Asenal 9-1 Hayes Gate
Sanogo (3), Nainggolan, Podolski (2), Boateng, Roberts, Koscielny
Strong result against a week side. Just a simple confidence booster.

Arsenal 0-2 QPR
Fans are suspicious saying I played to lose against my favoured club. Personally I thought playing a 0-5-5 formation would lead to more goals.

Arsenal 3-1 AA Gent
Ox, Podolski, Diaby
Strong victory pre-season is back on track.

Arsenal 0-2 Velez
We should win this, I think my assistant needs to work on his managerial skills a little bit.

Arsenal 0-0 Celtic
Guessing this one was a bore draw, wouldn’t know as I didn’t watch it. Leave the friendlies to my assistant.

Deportivo 1-0 Arsenal
I’m seriously considering sacking my assistant. We should do much better than this.

Arsenal 8-1 Black Country Rangers
Ramsey, Lacazette (2), Babacar, Cazorla, Suarez, Roberts, Diaby
There we go some goals for once.

With the Pre-season over and 3 wins 3 losses and a draw there is definitely some room for improvemtn in time for the season starting. To be fair we had a huge squad overhaul but our results certainly need to improve if we're to compete this season.

August-January

View attachment 379790

The new season commences- can we get off to a flier?

Arsenal 3-1 Aston Villa
Matuidi, Lacazette, Koscielny
What a start to the season, just a pit we couldn't keep those pesky villains at bay and get a clean sheet too.

Everton 2-1 Arsenal
Lacazette
Another goal for the youngster as he continues to impress in Suarez's absence. Pity about the result but Everton is a hard place to go and get a result, especially whilst the team is still blending.

Sunderland 0-3 Arsenal
Lacazette, Arteta, Wilshere
Great and solid performance from the team. Always nice for a new signing to score 3 in 3 in the league.

Arsenal 2-0 Fulham
Sagna, Sterling
Another strong team performance. Finally we're starting to gel and the team is beginning to understand my methods.

Man Utd 4-2 Arsenal
Papa, Wilshere
Its Old Trafford, I expected to lose.

Arsenal 5-1 Swansea
Suarez (2), Wilshere, Sterling (2)
Absolute demolition. Suarez proving to me yet again why I spent 47million for him.

Palace 2-0 Arsenal
We sucked tremendously. I was so angry with the lads after this one.

Cardiff 1-2 Arsenal
Sterling, Insigne
Powerful performance to overcome a competitive Cardiff side.

Arsenal 5-1 Hull Tigers RAWWWWWWWWWWR!
Wilshere (3), Sterling, Suarez
Bossed. Hull never posed a threat.

Arsenal 0-0 Spurs
Bore draw, Spurs are a tough team though.

Man City 1-1 Arsenal
Suarez
An unexpected point at the Etihad I'm pleased.

Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal
Gonalons, Papadopoulos
Good performance against an Aspas inspired Liverpool side. Will take a draw at Anfield.

Arsenal 0-1 West Brom
Poor Performance but we're starting to pick up alot of injuries. If i remeber correctly at one point I had 8 good players injured.

Newcastle 1-3 Arsenal
Monreal, Cazorla, Ox
Good away performance despite my side being riddled with injuries.

Southampton 1-1
Sterling
Annoyed with this as Southampton are really struggling. Good Ol' Raheem saving me a point though.

Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea
Suarez (2)
2 late goals for my main man, gaining the team a much needed confidence boost.

Arsenal 1-0 Norwich
Cazorla
Could've been more comfortable but will take the points.

Arsenal 1-0 West Ham
Lacazette
For someone with such average stats Lacazette really looks like a coup for me this season.

Stoke 1-2 Arsenal
Vermaelan, Cazorla
This may not seem it but is a huge 3 points as Stoke are flying and fighting me all the way for a champions league place.

Arsenal 5-3 Man Utd
Lacazette (2), Suarez (2), Insigne
Best first half ever? All the goals were scored in the first half before a boring second half saw us steel a well earnt victory.

Next update will show you my cup performances and January transfers.​

Any feedback would be brilliant. Just pumping out the first season as I'm in the second season already and haven't got all the screenies.

great so far, im currently doing an arsenal save atm also, one bad point you really shouldn't of got rid of giroud he is an fm monster! but it seems you got a good replacement!

Haha yeah, maybe i shouldn't have but like I''ve said before he's a cart horse in real life so i refuse to use him on football manager.

View attachment 380528

Cup Performance

So first up this season was our Champions league qualifier match against Greek Side PAOK

PAOK 0-2 Arsenal
Suarez, Ox
Comfortable, just as I expected.

Arsenal 7-2 PAOK
Gonalons (2), Suarez (4), Wilshere
Suarez, showing me why he’s an apt replacement for Giroud, cementing an already solid team performance.

The Capital One Cup

The Capital One Cup saw my Arsenal side face Forest in the first round. Unfortunately it didn’t go as well as I expected.

Arsenal 0-1 Nottingham Forest.
The little said about this fixture the better.

My Champions’ league group consisted of Arsenal, At.Madrid, Leverkusen and RB Salzburg, a group that despite its difficulty should pose few problems in seeing us proceed to the next round.

Leverkusen 2-1 Arsenal
Koscielny

Arsenal 5-0 Salzburg
Insigne, Papadopoulos, Suarez (2), Cazorla

Arsenal 4-0 At.Madrid
Suarez, Wilshere (2), Cazorla

Arsenal 1-3 At.Madrid
Sterling

Arsenal 6-3 Leverkusen
Insigne (2), Suarez (3), Gonalons

Salzburg 2-3 Arsenal
Insigne, Ox, Vermaelan
Suarez is lighting up the Champions League this season with a string of fine performances. 11 goals puts him just 4 goals off breaking the Champions League goal scoring record.

View attachment 380532
Great play so far in the Champions League giving us every opportunity to progress futher in the competition due to winning the group.

what did u do on giroud to get you so many goals hes terrible on my saves just gettin under 20 goals a season

Following but should of kept Giroud. He's so good that playing him is like cheating