Dickybran

Banned
Reaction score
For more than three quarters of the season I was roundabout 3rd in the league, 2 point behind 1st with 2 games in hand. Then everything went wrong. I got knocked out of the Euro Cup, which I wasn't bothered about because I wanted to concentrate on the league and FA Cup. But every game in the last quarter of the season I really struggled, only 4 wins out of the last 14 league and FA Cup games. I ended up finishing 5th in the league and lost to 2-1 in the FA Cup Final, and was then sacked. What the **** happened???

did you change tactics at all? Did you change the team at all? After getting knocked out of the Euro Cup did the players become unhappy?

Mainly a case of the AI catching on to the way you play etc... Even just jumbling a couple of player roles around should do the trick.

Roll around with the tactics that your assistant manager advised you to play at the start of the season.

That gives you the chance to then look at attacking and defensive formations to play against bigger or smaller teams or even rotate around every quarter or so through the season.

Rotating tactics every now and again is a good way to keep things fresh and to not be predictable.

For example,Sir Alex Ferguson irl,likes to play a 4-4-2 in the Premier League,but in Europe,he plays a 4-3-3.Just an example.

Might want to follow that kind of route?

Ok cheers guys, I'll give that a go. I did try changing things. The only time it really worked was when I changed from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 against Arsenal in the semi-final and won 2-1, but my league form sucked. We Iost 4-0 to Birmingham on the last day of the season. I can't believe I've gone through all that and have to start again. Onwards and upwards!

it's general

something similar happened to me too, i just tried to offload a couple of unhappy players, then i interacted with the rest like asking them to improve and i brought in new star players to boost the morale of the squad. i drafted a couple of boys in from the reserve and they did well. now im sitting on top of the league with one gain in hand and 2 points advantage.