What would you consider as a corner bug?

Reggaezal

Reaction score
David Luiz got almost 10 goals in one season, i set the best header, usually my stopper as the man on the far post and set the corner to be in the 6 yard box(which is what ive been doing for the last 2 FMs).

He has incredible aggression,heading,positioning and jumping, so his stats justify he has good heading ability, he has scored from set pieces as well both of my central defenders have in fact. But for a centerback to get 10 goals a season would you consider that as a corner bug exploit?

Ive scored 14 goals from corner in the Serie A, with inter behind me having scored 11 goals. So i still consider it as a usual amount, if not alittle lucky.

Whats your verdict?

To me, a corner bug would be something that's completely unrealistic, and that would never happen in real life. In other words, things like the Lurk Outside Area exploit, which is unrealistic as no team would leave that person unmarked like that, aspecially if it's a powerful striker. Whereas, in JPWoody's V1.1 tactic for example, the header tactic looks fine on pitch, with simply heading it in from the far post, but it scored me 25+ goals in one season from corners. I would consider that a bug, but not an exploit like the previous one.

Whereas, in JPWoody's V1.1 tactic for example, the header tactic looks fine on pitch, with simply heading it in from the far post, but it scored me 25+ goals in one season from corners. I would consider that a bug, but not an exploit like the previous one.

So, would a corner bug be defined by the number of goals scored per season? Because ive seen many defenders who are a beast in the air, and tend to score quite a few goals both in FM and real life.

So, would a corner bug be defined by the number of goals scored per season? Because ive seen many defenders who are a beast in the air, and tend to score quite a few goals both in FM and real life.

Everyone has a different opinion on it I suppose - I wouldn't consider the JPWoody one to be a bug or an exploit, whereas a lot fo people might, but it takes extra effort finding the right defender. So, I would say, as long as it's not completely unrealistic, it isn't an exploit or a bug.

TBH i think the whole corner system in FM is suspect. I like to aim a corner at a big defender coming up from the back, its how most real life teams set up, but in FM if you have a good corner taker and big strong CBs your going to unrealistically bag up. Its something SI definitely need to sort out because it seems to be getting worse.

Last edited:
Just one of those things that the game needs to sort out, no matter how hard SI try, its gona be really tough to imitate real life football.

On a related topic, ive scored quite a number of "scramble" goals where the ball is not cleared after the keeper saved the header, would that count as "goals from corners" as well? If it did then im very certain im not exploiting a corner bug.

SI have to take some of the blame for the corner bug. I have had games where my centre back has scored a hat-trick all from corners, when my corner settings are set to default.