What would you say is a good season, for managing Stoke in my first season.

steenkash

Reaction score
Would you consider winning the Carling cup against Spurs and finishing tenth overall in the standings a good first season?

I personally think anything better or as good as what the team you are playing as finished in real life is a good season so yeah, I'd be pleased with 10th and winning the Carling Cup.

a good season would be vaguely challenging for top 5 (Minimum finish 8th and no more than 6 points off 4th), I'd say you had an average season, but underperformed in the league slighlty (Stoke have a really solid squad)

a good season would be vaguely challenging for top 5 (Minimum finish 8th and no more than 6 points off 4th), I'd say you had an average season, but underperformed in the league slighlty (Stoke have a really solid squad)
It depends on how he's running the team. If you use your own tactics rather than downloading somebody else's, start your manager as automatic and finish above the prediction then it's a good season. Not amazing, but still good. If his reputation was set as an international footballer, with a downloaded tactic then I’d agree, an average season.

IMO though, anybody who downloads a pre-made successful tactic might as well just download the editor and stick £100m to the transfer budget.

It depends on how he's running the team. If you use your own tactics rather than downloading somebody else's, start your manager as automatic and finish above the prediction then it's a good season. Not amazing, but still good. If his reputation was set as an international footballer, with a downloaded tactic then I’d agree, an average season.

IMO though, anybody who downloads a pre-made successful tactic might as well just download the editor and stick £100m to the transfer budget.

I agree - I don't see the point in why anyone would want to use someone else's tactic(s), as you are basically just seeing how well they would have done.

But none-the-less, with Stoke's squad I think a good season would be to vaguely be one of the challengers for the Top 4, and certainly the Europa league (Like Newcastle a couple of seasons ago and Everton!)

Just my opinion :)

stoke always finish in top 7/8 in the saves i do, so if a real person was managing them i think you should aim higher than what the A.I can do, so no i dont think thats a good season.

I agree - I don't see the point in why anyone would want to use someone else's tactic(s), as you are basically just seeing how well they would have done.

But none-the-less, with Stoke's squad I think a good season would be to vaguely be one of the challengers for the Top 4, and certainly the Europa league (Like Newcastle a couple of seasons ago and Everton!)

Just my opinion :)

I'd agree with that. Transfers are important as well. If the budget has been spent on young stars that are developing, it's a good season. If the money was spent on 23-30 year olds, he could have finished higher.