What year does David Villa become poor at?

LouisBCFC1875

Reaction score
Currently about to start my 6th season with Manchester City and i was wondering if it's about time to drop Villa to the bench and make one of my second team strikers a first team striker, Villa is 33 now and despite that, he still had a good season for me last scoring 30 goals in all comps, i've had a look at his Tech and Mental Attributes and there all still good for a striker of his age, even though some have decreased, his physical aren't great though, so i was wondering if he will still be able to perform at a top level and be able to play in highly competitive matches this season or is it about time to let him have a break and only play him against the weaker teams?

Thanks

If he's still scoring 30 goals a season, keep playing him. When he starts to not be so prolific, that's when you drop him.

it depends. on how you look after, and play him. i wouldnt expect him to be so mobile, but he will still be a lethal finisher, like a very creative poacher. so if you had plays doing the hard running for him and just supplyling he could go on

I normally sell players who are about 32 as thats when they start to decrease in some areas and you can still get a fairly good price for them. Try looking at someone else who has roughly the same stats as Villa and is a reasonable price to replace him if his goals start drying up.

i wouldnt sell him anyway, just play him less, hes the kind of player you want to turn into a coach

i wouldnt sell him anyway, just play him less, hes the kind of player you want to turn into a coach
Yes i have been recomending him to become a coach once he retires for the last couple of seasons, another question, how does a player become a staff member?, players like Scholes, who are now retired, work as Coachs/Scouts, yet when David Beckham retired i was no longer able to find him on the database, and i expected him of all people to beomce a coach or something..

Yes i have been recomending him to become a coach once he retires for the last couple of seasons, another question, how does a player become a staff member?, players like Scholes, who are now retired, work as Coachs/Scouts, yet when David Beckham retired i was no longer able to find him on the database, and i expected him of all people to beomce a coach or something..
beckham probably decided not to stay as coach in your game. when a player reaches 30 you can see his profile which indicates whether he's gonna stay or not. :)

I will still play him a bit....in one of my saves he played at the top level till he was 35,but i eventually dropeed him to give Youth its chance although he was still profilic for me

About 31. He becomes slow and weak.

Im in 3rd season and he's not doing that well for me oO)

What player role have you gave him to score so many?

You should start to give him a rotating role within the team, while giving a young regen or two a chance in his place.

what u need to do is play him enough to stay fit but give him enough rests to keep him fresh, hes ageing so he wont last more than 5 games in sucession i wouldnt of thought

Im in 3rd season and he's not doing that well for me oO)

What player role have you gave him to score so many?
Sorry for the late response, i play a 4-3-3, i played Tevez-Villa-Aguero up front last season, Villa now 34 years and i have dropped him into the second team, still does surpising well scoring 21 goals in all comps so far this season.

hmm those 3 play best as deep lying forwards on support / poachers, dlf with barely any closing down / running with ball and a light training schedule will make a lazy player last longer, btw that role ive posted above is what expert managers in this business call emile heskey.

offer him a new contract on reduced wages and if he accepts it keep him on and wait until he becomes a coach aswell as giving him some games as he will still score goals!

and btw beckham says he will defo not stay in the game when he retires on his personal for some reason so that explains why he disapeared of your database :]

Sorry for the late response, i play a 4-3-3, i played Tevez-Villa-Aguero up front last season, Villa now 34 years and i have dropped him into the second team, still does surpising well scoring 21 goals in all comps so far this season.
increase his aerobic and strength training, it will slow down the decrease in his physical attributes