Runeaa

Reaction score
So, this game, what can i say!? I just managed to loose 6-0 against Fulham with Man United, using Raikan`s 4-2-3-1 tactic.. Can someone, in the name of christ, tell me how to play this game???? I have been playing this game since CM in the 90`s and this is the worst beating ive ever had! Fulham created 22 shots, 14 on goal and i had 58% posession!? Where is the logic!!?? My 11 chosen was ; De Gea, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Srna, Fellaini, Hamsik, Young, Rooney, Nani, Hernandes, a somewhat decent side id say. Now i started the season of just fine, winning 10 games out of 10, conceeding only 2 goals! I was happy, squad was happy.. Then it just happens!! All of a sudden the squad morale, without me saying anything because my assistant ( Valdir De Moraes, by many judged as the best assistent on the game ) does the teamtalks etc, goes to ****! well, not **** but from superb too good for exampel! Then comes the first loss, away too Dortmund in the CL, i think, ok, fine, tough game, no problem! After this loss, i take over teamtalks to try and boost the morale, but with no luck! Next game, home too stoke, 1-1. I have 16 shots on goal!!!!!! and 1-1.. morale back to ****. Next game, away too Fulham, and here it goes, 6-0! Im like, hahahaaa, what!!!????? against Fulham??? And people say to me, " you cant go wrong with United, you win the league with default tactic". You know what, thats not true!! Its bullshit!!! What is this game about, really??? Is it all about getting the teamtalks and the pressconferances right and everything else doesent matter??? Can someone explain to me how to play this game? like im a 6 years old! ( im 31 ) :( please, someone help me because im about to leave this game once and for all, after a loooong run!!!!

You have poor grammar and punctuation for a 31 year old...hmmm.

Well in every game a team can have a tough streak. all it takes is one freak result to knock confidence. You have to encourage players when morale is poor and not bash them. Should sort itself out.

I find with bigger teams that 'bashing them' actually works.

Give them a right earful using the angry tone at half time if you are losing to a smaller side, and especially so if you lose.

I save encouragement mainly for before the game unless i specifically target a certain player who doesn't react well to angry team talks.

As for the 6-0 loss, occasionally it happens, it wouldn't be a realistic game if you could every game without trying at all would it?

I do belive the game has lost its way. I know many on here will not agree but the game is so much about the team talk. You get the team talk wrong and you will lose. The team talk will not make much sense to many long time plyers let alone new comers. for instance if you are wining 2 or 3 nil at half time and tell them how well they are playing it could all go wrong quite quick and normally dose. Use the angry tone and tell them you are not happy and it will get you a better reaction. Every time this works. If you come here and point out a fault in the game they will hammer you even to the point of slagging off your grammer.
So, this game, what can i say!? I just managed to loose 6-0 against Fulham with Man United, using Raikan`s 4-2-3-1 tactic.. Can someone, in the name of christ, tell me how to play this game???? I have been playing this game since CM in the 90`s and this is the worst beating ive ever had! Fulham created 22 shots, 14 on goal and i had 58% posession!? Where is the logic!!?? My 11 chosen was ; De Gea, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Srna, Fellaini, Hamsik, Young, Rooney, Nani, Hernandes, a somewhat decent side id say. Now i started the season of just fine, winning 10 games out of 10, conceeding only 2 goals! I was happy, squad was happy.. Then it just happens!! All of a sudden the squad morale, without me saying anything because my assistant ( Valdir De Moraes, by many judged as the best assistent on the game ) does the teamtalks etc, goes to ****! well, not **** but from superb too good for exampel! Then comes the first loss, away too Dortmund in the CL, i think, ok, fine, tough game, no problem! After this loss, i take over teamtalks to try and boost the morale, but with no luck! Next game, home too stoke, 1-1. I have 16 shots on goal!!!!!! and 1-1.. morale back to ****. Next game, away too Fulham, and here it goes, 6-0! Im like, hahahaaa, what!!!????? against Fulham??? And people say to me, " you cant go wrong with United, you win the league with default tactic". You know what, thats not true!! Its bullshit!!! What is this game about, really??? Is it all about getting the teamtalks and the pressconferances right and everything else doesent matter??? Can someone explain to me how to play this game? like im a 6 years old! ( im 31 ) :( please, someone help me because im about to leave this game once and for all, after a loooong run!!!!

Last edited:
I do belive the game has lost its way. I know many on here will not agree but the game is so much about the team talk. You get the team talk wrong and you will lose. The team talk will not make much sense to many long time plyers let alone new comers. for instance if you are wining 2 or 3 nil at half time and tell them how well they are playing it could all go wrong quite quick and normally dose. Use the angry tone and it will get you a better reaction. Every time this works. If you come here and point out a fault in the game they will hammer you even to the point of slagging off your grammer.

Total cobblers sir. There have been many discussions re: faults within the current game, and they have been agreed on with quite a few people. Every game has a fault. If there are any "putdowns" it's mainly in jest-I've had it done to myself as I'm one of the resident grandads here. If people can't deal with it-meh. On the wrong forum. Only time people get absolutely slammed (and banned at times) are pirates and people asking for cracks in the game (and of course not forgetting moronic trolls). IF people are slammed, they at times haven't made their point properly, and get too easily angered (due to lack of patience) when people can't understand the point they're trying to make.

And people also go out of their way at times to help other people out who are struggling with the game/having problems technically. It's just at times people don't search properly.

Btw it's players not plyers ;)

Last edited:
Total cobblers sir. There have been many discussions re: faults within the current game, and they have been agreed on with quite a few people. Every game has a fault. If there are any "putdowns" it's mainly in jest-I've had it done to myself as I'm one of the resident grandads here. If people can't deal with it-meh. On the wrong forum. Only time people get absolutely slammed (and banned at times) are pirates and people asking for cracks in the game (and of course not forgetting moronic trolls). IF people are slammed, they at times haven't made their point properly, and get too easily angered (due to lack of patience) when people can't understand the point they're trying to make.

And people also go out of their way at times to help other people out who are struggling with the game/having problems technically. It's just at times people don't search properly.

Btw it's players not plyers ;)
lol, **** I checked it 10 times and saw no spelling mistakes.

The gramma police comment is really uncalled for, i am not english and if you look at many posts in here, many are from people with English as a 2nd language, so if in your opinion your need to be a A student in a 2nd language to comment here, its too bad. This is a international game by far and not at all only for english speaking folks. As long as you understand what im trying to say, wich you clearly did, i dont see the problem.

Secondly, the problem i have in this game is that it seems to me that its all about the teamtalks/press conversations, and it seems to be it makes too much off a difference! And maybe here too, i get problems because im not english! Because when i say what is logic too me, after a defeat or a win i often get bad result from the players! Therefore i normally use my AM to deal with this but i see that the AM never gets much responce from the players doing the teamtalks. Im kinda lost here.

I also very often use well renomated tactics, like raikan`s or koflok, tactics that people on this forum state works very well, just not for me! Then i have to question, if it has all to do with your ability to motivate etc etc! But offcourse, i dont know how you guys play the game, maybe i do the fundamentals wrong, like how to setup training, pre-season games, i normally dont change the tactic much during games, maybe i should, do i use shouts or not, its alot to think about. Maybe what i need is a ABC how to play this game.

Thing is, i really like this game and im extremely intrested in football, im crazy about it! getting really frustrated lately that im not able to master this game at all and simply just looking for advise for other players.

You say the tactics don't work for you, but you give a single freak defeat as your evidence.

I refer you back to my previous comment about realism, its not possible to win every game, every team has their off day.

As Jake stated, it does happen. In my Everton save, I won the double. However, along the way during a winning streak of 12-13 games, had a league cup match against Reading (who were in CH) and lost 2-1 with a strong squad. To ensured it never happened again, I made sure that none of the players ever got complacent ever again. Yes it upset some players during the team talk, but if you have a highly professional squad (which I always make sure I do), they'll respond. Then you start praising again and go a bit easier, but at the same time, making sure they never get complacent again. I also have 3 tactics handy too which is handy for shaking things up.

And if I make changes, I always make sure it's no more than 4 players or they'll just end up playing disjointed and things go badly. I also pay attention to the absolute littlest of things such as weather and adjust accordingly. You have to check everything and adapt. If you don't, you'll get mullered. I also make sure I have a strong squad with good fitness. If you have a lot of players lacking strength, and you come across strong teams (like Stoke), you're going to have a lot of problems, as you'll get bullied off the ball (unless you're able to keep the ball and pass quickly or whatever).

Jake, i would never react like this after 1 single defeat! This happens again and again! I basiclly start a new Man United save once or twice pr week, trying new things out and it allways comes to the same ending! I start of the season fantastic, winning at home and away, the tactics showing thet they are great! But after a while it all comes to an end and i have difficultys understanding why! If its all about the morale of the squad you cant really do much more that win games can you!? And like the guy stated before, you tell you team their doing great after 1st half, leading 3-0, they get complaicent and the game can end 3-3, but if you slam them after that 1st half ( why would you1!? ) you might get the reaction you actually want! This i really dont get!

Im not at all looking for a plug and play tactic where i just pick the players and win every game! I never use classic tactics and i tend to try and tweak the tactics i download to my own likings but just with no success. But by all meens, maybe i expect too much but everybody tells me winning with United is a walk in the park but i just dont see it that way.. I know fully well its not possible to win every game, not even barca can do that ( both in game or in real life ) but what im looking for is some logic, a tactic that performs consistant, and some guidance on how to perform the motivating/manager/press-bit of this game.. Im simply looking for a good home, and away tactic that will create chances and be solid in defence utilicing the players Manchester United have ( i use the LFCmarshall version with Kagawa/Rvp in the squad ) and it hurts me to see everybody using the tactics is very happy and i cant get it right!

I also have to say that both Thebetterhalf and Raikan allways have been helpfull and respectfull to my problems beeing addressed here and never once slammed my gramma :)

as mentioned in the PM:

I am going to be honest with you, tactics are not the only thing that make a good save/team/results, there is so much more that the manager has to do to get it right.. there must be something that you are doing that is not correct.. I do not know what it is.. but it must be something..

are you doing the teamtalks yourself? who are you playing where? it does not make sense that you can lose all these games..

you clearly are not doing something right mate, you say you start new games every couple of days etc and end up with the same results.. try not actually tweaking already made tactics.. it does not seem like you understand the tactical side of the game if you are downloading everyones tactics then "trying" to tweak them to your team.. you are doing something wrong..

Which tactic was this of mine? the Awesome AMC one?

I recall you sending me a couple of messages saying that a few of my tactics (which work for everyone else) are not working for you... that is another indication that you are definitely doing something wrong...

try and start with a different team maybe? try and get into a mindset that YOU WILL NOT WIN EVERY GAME WITH UNITED and do not expect to win every game, especially away from home... you will lose some! you will draw against easier opposition even though you had 24 shots at goal and 4 ccc's but only scored 1 and they had 3 shots and scored 1!

I wish I was there to assist you and see what you were doing.. but I cannot and can only try and assist from here..

how do you set your save up? what do you do?

in real life man utd loose stupid games its a fact of the matter they are not unbeatable....! i rember man utd getting spanked 5-0 at chelsea chris sutton scoring his 1 and only goal for chelsea and getting spanked 5-0 at newcastle on fm you loose stupid games that you think in your wildest dreams you would never loose it happens and when it happens you have to make sure it dosent happen again which is easier said then done

Thanks for taking an intrest guys. So, im gonna try and take you through the way i start of with a new save step by step.

My profile is a 34 year old former international player from Norway with Man United as favorite team. I play premier league and brazillian league because my PC is abit slow and to be able to get all the great, young talent from Brazil + valdir De Moraes.

I start off, allways scouting fellaini, hamsik, Srna and Mandanda. This is players that i feel fill positions Man United are weak, both ingame and in real life. I play Mandanda as 1st Gk, Srna at right back, Fellaini as SM (d) and hamsik as Dlp (s) wich i think is perfect positions for them in your Awesome AMC tactic.After this i try and setup trainers and training. I normally get rid of many of the poorer staff at Man United, such as fitness coaches like Strudwick/Hawkins etc, and get in new, skilled staff like valdir De Moraes (tactic), dave Parnaby (defence), Biscotti (fitness), Paul Winsper (fitness) and i sign new contracts with coaches such as Mcclair, Mcguiness etc who is allready at United in the youth department, making then 1st team coaches etc. After that i try and have one coach for each disipline, like 1 coach doing attack, 1 doing defence, 2 doing fitness etc etc, so that all training is atleast 4 out of 5 stars, maybe this is wrong.. Then i set all players to train the position they play, all midfielders in midfield training, defenders the same etc. I normally dont use a training schedule like Dunc`n training regime even though i have it.Normally ill sell Anderson, macheda, maybe carrick and Evans to get more space in the squad and some extra funds.

Then, after signing the players i want, i set up what is to be my first 11 choice, and the last saves has been like this : Mandanda (gk), Srna (right back), Vidic and ferdinand ( center back) Evra (left back) Fellaini ( SM d) Hamsik (Dlp s) Rooney (Ap a) Young (IF left ) Rvp ( IF right ) train him to IF wich he does well, also beeing left footed is good as IF right and last hernandez (P). On the bench is De Gea, P Jones, Rafael, Fletcher, Carrick, Nani and Wellbeck. In addition to these offcourse i also have Kagawa, Valencia who i have had some problems implicating into the tactic but i try and play Kagawa as advanced playmaker and Valencia i try and train to IF left.

Then i play the pre-season games, wich normally is going GREAT!! I use 3 tactics, all 3 Raikans, i use New 433 Amc, Might and Magic and perfect 433 Dm. I set match prep. to teamwork very high unthill tactics are more or less fluid. In pre season i try to play all players as much as i can to get them fit to play when season comes. I check matchfitness % to see who needs more football and play them. Normally i win all pre season games big and get very excited for the season! in teamtalk i normally say "impress me" and after a win i say "you look ready for the season". If loose, i say "do better when it counts". Ive noticed that the squad morale is really low when you take over Man United and i presume this is because Sir Alex is gone, i cant blame them, im not looking forward to it either :)

Then the season starts. Lately ive put my assistant to do both teamtalks, press conferances and handle match prep. ( after tactics are fluid after doing teamwork on very high). The reason for this is that i feel this is where im going wrong most of the time. Ive been told that this assistant is one of the best in the game but i notice he gets little reaction from the players, like most assistants, so im gonna take your advise Raikan and do the myself from now on. I guess this goes for both teamtalk and press. Normally ill say, against "easy" teams, i excpect a win, again ok teams i say, do it for ther fans, normally in a exited tone! If we win at half time i normally say "your doing well, continue like this" but i also see the game, how they perform etc and may use a individual talk to a player that doesent perform and say "im not happy with your performance". after a win ill normally say "good performance, im happy" in a calm or excited voice, i rarely slam the team after a win. After a loss i try to say "better luck next time" if its against hard teams, like away to City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea etc but againts teams like Norwich ill slam the, like "im not pleased" aggresivly! Also, after like a 4-0 loss away to ANYONE, ill slam the team. And i continue like this. When i do the press i normally say if against easy teams, "if we follow our tactic we have a good chance", if against hard teams i often say "we have to do well to get something out of this" to pep up my players for the game! I also try and rotate the team the best i can to keep everybody fitt and fluid with the tactic. Normally the IF`s perfrom well, but i get low ratings on the center midfielders and the advanced playmaker, maybe this is the wrong kind of players for these positions? Also the defence starts of well but get worse and worse, maybe i shouldnt rotate my defence so much? After a while normally the first loss/draw comes and the morale goes waay down and i have problems getting it back up.Actually couple of saves ago i went to March without a single loss, it went great!!! But when the loss came in march it came 5 in a row, knocking me out of CL againts Porto, out of FA cup againts Sunderland, Loss home to Everton and Newcastle ( who both was bottom half in the league ) and away too Swansea. Morale in the squad was miserable, even after the first loss where i tryed to say "its ok, we get it next time" simular teamtalk. After this the season was pretty much over, i went from solid 1st in the league to finish 2nd in a trophyless season, wich according to everyone on this forum, is impossible with United!!

Ive tryed to be detailed in my description, if you need more info, please let me know and i will fill it it! Im gonna start a new save now, with United, using the same 3 tactics so maybe we can talk during...

PS. I normally check all players key attributes to the position i want them to play and train them where they are weaker, like Fellaini has only 12 in marking, so i make him train this. And when i say i tweak the tactics, actually i normally dont do this, sometimes maybe ill have the right IF be a winger to play valencia for exampel but never a big change. I actually dont even change tactics during games, even if im 3-0 down. Im not very good with shoult eather and i think i di conflicting shouts with the team instructions sometimes, and therefore i dont use shouts much. Only sometimes the ones you recomend to your tactics.

PS 1: Normally i watch the games highlights only, rest is commentary only. And i see replays of the goals. I also normally rest the players 1 day after each game. I also allways follow the advise from my staff about what the players should train.

Last edited:
About the teamtalks, how I always do it with a top team (and it works quite well) is:
-I expect a win if morale is high. Otherwise I try to give them confidence.
-If not winning at half time, I use aggressive tone and say I'm not happy with their performance. ALWAYS works. If you've got at least a 3 goal advantage against a small team, I tell them they're doing well, which makes them happy, but doesn't improve their play. If winning by 1 goal or two, or playing against a strong team, tell them to remain focused or something. If some players get angry because of that, I tell them they're playing well.

Works most of the time, hope it helps :)

I agree with
If you've got at least a 3 goal advantage against a small team, I tell them they're doing well, which makes them happy, but doesn't improve their play.

I barely score anymore goals after halftime if 3-5:0 up using that teamtalk!

using aggressive should not be used too much in your first season as the players will not and do not respond to you properly yet, especially depending on your experience! so keep that in mind, even though you are int manager rep you will struggle to get the correct reaction from them during the first season!

when playing away from home also be a bit more lenient...

the best and most of the time works teamtalks is:

Overall teamtalk (big button top left)

Passionate:

"give the fans something to cheer about today"

(defenders-midfielders-strikers drop down menu " (as per pic)

Assertive: (calm can also be used, especially if against a bigger team)

"I think there is a lot more to come from you and I completely believe you have what it takes"

View attachment 278271

Use that and you will see a difference!

433 Madness tactic

after doing the teamtalks that I mentioned above against Stoke (as per SS) this is the result I had!

1) I am in December first season and professional footballing reputation manager
2) I was 3:0 up at half time, I said nothing! seemed to have worked :p should have been more.. Wellie scored 4
3) you can see what teamtalk I used after the game to get that reaction!

Ok, thanks guys. i will try and do the teamtalks like you say. About the spanish tactic raikan, who would you play from the current United squad on the wingers as neather Young or Nani look their best as advanced playmakers. And is Rooney the one to play as advanced playmaker center? Should i just use teamwork as match prep for all 3 tactics? are there any shouts that i can use for all 3 tactics or different on all?

Ive brought in Mandanda, Srna, fellaini for the new save, decided ill use Scholes and carrick for this save as hamsik havent really performed my last saves. Any advise on how to set the team up for the spanish tactic?

Ok, thanks guys. i will try and do the teamtalks like you say. About the spanish tactic raikan, who would you play from the current United squad on the wingers as neather Young or Nani look their best as advanced playmakers. And is Rooney the one to play as advanced playmaker center? Should i just use teamwork as match prep for all 3 tactics? are there any shouts that i can use for all 3 tactics or different on all?

Ive brought in Mandanda, Srna, fellaini for the new save, decided ill use Scholes and carrick for this save as hamsik havent really performed my last saves. Any advise on how to set the team up for the spanish tactic?

dont worry about the roles mate.. the individual settings are what makes it.. you can change the role to IF or wingers if you please, it wont change a thing :)

yes and yes!

Hamsik may work well as AML.. I have him in my current squad and he is playing like a douche bag....

Carrick is quality and Scholes needs to be replaced in Jan! otherwise Cleverely/Anderson can take over, even Giggs!

teamwork yes! but I would honestly use the 433 DM form most games.. use the Spanish one for easier home games.. if you try and use it immediately otherwise you are going to struggle as possession tactics take at least 15-20 games to get your team playing like the tactic should!

so leave it in match prep and use it sparingly until you can see your players playing well :)

good luck!