What's a good tactic to use when looking for a goal?

xfer

Reaction score
I came across a couple of tactics here but I assume they are more suited to pumping the ball into the box. As my default for soon is the Tika taka Barcelona style passing, I would prefer not to change the shape of 4-3-2-1 too much and their passing style. Instead I would rather the 3 midfielders push up higher, the defenders play off side trap at the Half way line while the team goes forward gung Ho.

Still passing around w a much high tempo to the game. Has anyone come across such tactics?

Mate i want to help you but dont know how coz thers no such tactic " yet " , try focus to not concide , even if you push up and Overload they are chances you will be concide a goal in Counter , try Run with ball a lot to your Midfilders - Full backs , wingers Strikers and Run From deep .

Thanks for suggestions. I have my game set to show key incidents only. Might be an issue. Cos even when I go gung ho, I don't see a significant increase in activity.

I am working on a tactic like this if I am understanding you correctly here is the link: 4-3-2-1P.tac I am still working on it so you will need to tweak it to suit your players.
Here is a SS of the formation:

View attachment 351198
I change the striker in between Poacher and CF but again change it to suit your player
View attachment 351199
If you are playing away (unless it is a much weaker opponent) change to control and if you are losing at Halftime change it to Overload until the 55th minute even if you are still tied or losing back to what it was. Also if you are in the 75th minute still losing or tied change it to Overload. Hope it works for you but I can't promise anything but good luck.

Great! Thanks for sharing. Will test it out.