thorton

Reaction score
My wage/transfer budgets are very healthy, and trying to sign someone but for some reason it's only giving me a max option of £100/week even if I select them as a Key Player? As you can see down the right on image 2 I have plenty of money to throw at him and can't work out why this is happening.

I initially thought it was because he's only 17, but I tried offering a contract to another player who is about 27-28 and it's giving me the same option for wages so I'm a bit stumped here.

59HnkrR.png

CI3BFmg.png

This happens when you're out of your wage budget, have you mybe offered a contract to someone before and they didnt accept yet? or do you have any ingoing transfers?

I am Sparta and it did this for me too. What I did was simply upped my transfer allowance and thus lowered my wage budget and weirdly it meant I could offer bigger wages. Just a little bug of some sort I think.

My wage/transfer budgets are very healthy, and trying to sign someone but for some reason it's only giving me a max option of £100/week even if I select them as a Key Player? As you can see down the right on image 2 I have plenty of money to throw at him and can't work out why this is happening.

I initially thought it was because he's only 17, but I tried offering a contract to another player who is about 27-28 and it's giving me the same option for wages so I'm a bit stumped here.
Since I spend most of my time trying to sign players, I have quite a lot of offers to players at the same time...What I have noticed through negotiations that the max wages I can offer them tends to drop to a minimum wage I can offer but not below that...But then there are specific players whom the board doesn't allow me to offer even that minimum wage...Instead they allow me to offer a ridiculous low wage which I interpret as their wish not to invest too much wage on that particular player...Or in the words they don't want to encourage me signing him and we are better off without him...Whereas there are other players which I see a new option only for them which says that this player is important for the club, so I have an option just for that specific player a permission to ask the board for a higher wage to offer him exclusively...It doesn't mean necessarily they would grant me the extra cash just a permission to ask them...

Last edited:
This happens when you're out of your wage budget, have you mybe offered a contract to someone before and they didnt accept yet? or do you have any ingoing transfers?

Got two players coming in on a free, but they aren't mega wages/fees so shouldnt affect it too much. I always thought when the deal was confirmed it took it off your budgets though so that shouldn't affect it?

I am Sparta and it did this for me too. What I did was simply upped my transfer allowance and thus lowered my wage budget and weirdly it meant I could offer bigger wages. Just a little bug of some sort I think.

I tried this too but re budgeting did nothing :(

Since I spend most of my time trying to sign players, I have quite a lot of offers to players at the same time...What I have noticed through negotiations that the max wages I can offer them tends to drop to a minimum wage I can offer but not below that...But then there are specific players whom the board doesn't allow me to offer even that minimum wage...Instead they allow me to offer a ridiculous low wage which I interpret as their wish not to invest too much wage on that particular player...Or in the words they don't want to encourage me signing him and we are better off without him...Whereas there are other players which I see a new option only for them which says that this player is important for the club, so I have an option just for that specific player a permission to ask the board for a higher wage to offer him exclusively...It doesn't mean necessarily they would grant me the extra cash just a permission to ask them...

He has a 4.5* potential so I'm guessing it's not to do with him not being good enough. I've even tried setting my Director of Football to handle contract negotiations for new youth signings only to have him rebuff me due to agents fees, which is probably due to him wanting 400k when it only lets me offer 4k! This mustn't change when the DoF handles it which sucks too.

Bit stumped really as I want to sign him before the end of my current season so he can fall into the club-grown player category for Europe in the future, otherwise he'll end up being too old for that if I wait much longer :(

Last edited: