What's good about english football?

SaintSinner

Reaction score
italian are known for defensive football, spanish for technical mastery, south american football for creativity. how would you describe english football apart from its speed and worldwide broadcast? ;)

I don't care what you say about Italian football this says it all.

The Championship got more people watching games than Italy the Premiership got the most then spain then Germany then the Championship.

The Premiership incorporates all the facets of all European Leagues into one pot for me.

Our clubs can be a defenisvely astute as the Italians, as technical as the Spanish and have the flair and creativity of the South Americans. Just a shame it doesn't extend to the national side.

Premier League is the best league in the World.

is it just me or do all leagues apart from the premier division loo lie they cant defende p[roperly

football is not about speed is it? all i am saying is epl lacks the technicality and tactical aspect of football.
we obviously don't or we wouldn't be owning the rest of europe recently.

its the pace of the game only the best playrs in the world can have a succesfull career in english football the ones that cant cope have moved on = milan baros,diego forlan

our league kick ****, end off it is more exciting to watch, itailan football is so predictable, spainish football is a two team league, england is amzing, thts why we own in europe, best players, best fans and greatest managers

English football has all of the traits that's Italian, Spanish and south American has, but added aspects of speed and unpredictability, making it the best league in the world

its agreed that epl is the best league in the world. but i was some single most feature that makes epl the well known league all over.

Why is the EPL the best ?

"English football has all of the traits that's Italian, Spanish and south American has, but added aspects of speed and unpredictability, making it the best league in the world"

In what way is it more unpredictable than in Spain or Germany, this point is total Tosh to put it mildly, the top 4 are always the same... this will change when clubs like Man City start putting their money to good use maybe, but no unpredictability there. Any unpredictability visa vi Liverpool matches is due to slack defending and a lack of passion, hardly good traits for a top 4 team in the "best league in the world".

On the other hand in Germany we go into the last week with three teams all able to win first place. Granted there is some unpredictability in the bottom 4 in the EPL but it's not like these teams are really EPL teams in the mold of the top 4 they are more like Championship teams on sufferance.

So I think we can rule out unpredictability on at least the fact that the other leagues are at least as unpredictable, Getafe Vs Real Madrid or Hoffenheim Vs Bayern were unpredictable matches.

Speed ? Yes, of course in the cold climate of our Country speed is easy, not so in Spain, Italy, South America where the heat stifles that ability, still though these leagues can be equally as exciting and entertaining if somewhat less pacey.

Despite this teams like Barcelona are just as pacey as Man Utd or Liverpool, players like Henry can bring that kind of speed to a club.

"its the pace of the game only the best players in the world can have a successful career in English football the ones that cant cope have moved on = milan baros,diego forlan"

This would make sense if 60% of the Premiership wasn't made up of Foreign players..., In addition I can count on two hands the amount of English players who were successful overseas... So this idea once again is complete tosh.

"our league kick ****, end off it is more exciting to watch, itailan football is so predictable, spainish football is a two team league, england is amzing, thts why we own in europe, best players, best fans and greatest managers"

1) More exciting to watch... have you seen a Stoke or Newcastle game :D ? To be fair I tend to find the top 8 teams in each of the major leagues in Europe tend to be the most exciting, Most of the EPL teams are boring as ***** to watch as with all the leagues.

2) Hahahahha Spain a two team league ? Oh really that'll be why Barcelona came 3rd last year ? The truth is there are 6 teams in the Spanish league who have a regular chance of winning; Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Athletico Madrid, Villarreal, Valencia.

3) We "own" Europe because we have the most money and players have migrated here to play, though this means we have the best 4 teams in Europe, it also means English players have less of a chance getting game time and as a result we have a flagging international team, David Beckham and Owen Hargreaves are the only English players to have any direct foreign league experience, We have consistently been getting to the 2nd stage of international competitions and losing.

England as a nation haven't reached a Semi Final game since 1990 for the World Cup and 1996 for the Euro's Indeed we didn't even qualify for the last Euro's... So if anything the EPL and the money it has bought has done nothing for the national game, and may have even done it harm

So yes it may be the "best" whatever that is but a leave it up to you to decide if it's a good thing for English Football ?

Foreign players spice up the league and adds variety I don't think I'd want to lose that but on the other hand the top 4 teams are strewn with foreign players and foreign youth players and one wonders if we shouldn't manage this better in order to make English football better even if it's at the expense of the EPL's Top 4.

Last edited:
"English football has all of the traits that's Italian, Spanish and south American has, but added aspects of speed and unpredictability, making it the best league in the world"

In what way is it more unpredictable than in Spain or Germany, this point is total Tosh to put it mildly, the top 4 are always the same... this will change when clubs like Man City start putting their money to good use maybe, but no unpredictability there. Any unpredictability visa vi Liverpool matches is due to slack defending and a lack of passion, hardly good traits for a top 4 team in the "best league in the world".

On the other hand in Germany we go into the last week with three teams all able to win first place. Granted there is some unpredictability in the bottom 4 in the EPL but it's not like these teams are really EPL teams in the mold of the top 4 they are more like Championship teams on sufferance.

So I think we can rule out unpredictability on at least the fact that the other leagues are at least as unpredictable, Getafe Vs Real Madrid or Hoffenheim Vs Bayern were unpredictable matches.

Speed ? Yes, of course in the cold climate of our Country speed is easy, not so in Spain, Italy, South America where the heat stifles that ability, still though these leagues can be equally as exciting and entertaining if somewhat less pacey.

Despite this teams like Barcelona are just as pacey as Man Utd or Liverpool, players like Henry can bring that kind of speed to a club.

"its the pace of the game only the best players in the world can have a successful career in English football the ones that cant cope have moved on = milan baros,diego forlan"

This would make sense if 60% of the Premiership wasn't made up of Foreign players..., In addition I can count on two hands the amount of English players who were successful overseas... So this idea once again is complete tosh.

"our league kick ****, end off it is more exciting to watch, itailan football is so predictable, spainish football is a two team league, england is amzing, thts why we own in europe, best players, best fans and greatest managers"

1) More exciting to watch... have you seen a Stoke or Newcastle game :D ? To be fair I tend to find the top 8 teams in each of the major leagues in Europe tend to be the most exciting, Most of the EPL teams are boring as ***** to watch as with all the leagues.

2) Hahahahha Spain a two team league ? Oh really that'll be why Barcelona came 3rd last year ? The truth is there are 6 teams in the Spanish league who have a regular chance of winning; Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Athletico Madrid, Villarreal, Valencia.

3) We "own" Europe because we have the most money and players have migrated here to play, though this means we have the best 4 teams in Europe, it also means English players have less of a chance getting game time and as a result we have a flagging international team, David Beckham and Owen Hargreaves are the only English players to have any direct foreign league experience, We have consistently been getting to the 2nd stage of international competitions and losing.

England as a nation haven't reached a Semi Final game since 1990 for the World Cup and 1996 for the Euro's Indeed we didn't even qualify for the last Euro's... So if anything the EPL and the money it has bought has done nothing for the national game, and may have even done it harm

So yes it may be the "best" whatever that is but a leave it up to you to decide if it's a good thing for English Football ?

Foreign players spice up the league and adds variety I don't think I'd want to lose that but on the other hand the top 4 teams are strewn with foreign players and foreign youth players and one wonders if we shouldn't manage this better in order to make English football better even if it's at the expense of the EPL's Top 4.
great overview pal. english football is only proving good for its commercial gain and its billionaire owner groups. leagues around europe are far more unpredictable than england.