What's happening with site UI? (Screenshots inside)

Augustin1979

Reaction score
This is how I'm used to see FMBase: View attachment 39722

and now....

It suddenly looks horrible: View attachment 39721

If I didn't know any better I'd think the UI-designers from Google had taken over! Is this something new/intentional? Or is this issue only on my end?

(I'm going blind here from all the white)

Rebuild incoming. Seans been working on one for awhile. Don't panic people.

Weird, mine looks like the old one still.

Just got it on my other computer now, so I'm guessing it's rolling out as we speak. Hope we'll get an option for a darker mode cause all this white..... :'(

yea this is horrid for my eyes! :S dark mode please! :)

Don't worry. It's not a rebuild. Just making a few tweaks.

The dark background is back.

Don't worry. It's not a rebuild. Just making a few tweaks.

The dark background is back.

Background is back black, but will there be changes to inside boxes? They currently seem to white and no distinct separation between post expect narrow line.

Background is back black, but will there be changes to inside boxes? They currently seem to white and no distinct separation between post expect narrow line.

Yeah, needs some break up.. something to define the quotes/posts. ie

View attachment 38982

Last edited:
Not just too bright, looks very clunky. Feel like I've gone back in time to and old chat room like Yahoo.

Few things, bring back the dark, put the page selection back at the top (as well as the bottom which is still there) and when I click on a thread it goes to the very start instead of the last page I read. Also the seperation of posts needs to be much clearer which has been said.

i'm sure you will sort it all soon though, keep up the good work

Why is it not possible to go to last page in a thread from overview page anymore?

As the title says, the usability of the forum has gotten a lot worse. Now to get to the last page in a thread you have to click the thread name, scroll all the way to the bottom of that threads first page and then click "last".

Before you could choose last page in a thread from the section overview, and you could also find page indicator/selection at the top right aswell as the bottom right.

Can't fathom why this has been done, can anyone please explain it?

(hopefully mods won't delete this thread too only because someone critisizes or asks about the new UI)

The go to last post button is still in the thread list.

Last post column, blue arrow button on the end. You can also, change the settings to show threads newest post first to oldest.

As the title says, the usability of the forum has gotten a lot worse. Now to get to the last page in a thread you have to click the thread name, scroll all the way to the bottom of that threads first page and then click "last".

Before you could choose last page in a thread from the section overview, and you could also find page indicator/selection at the top right aswell as the bottom right.

Can't fathom why this has been done, can anyone please explain it?

(hopefully mods won't delete this thread too only because someone critisizes or asks about the new UI)

Sorry about the issue with threads not going to the last page, I'll look into that one when I next get a chance. Same with adding the page numbers back to the top of the thread page.

Not quite sure why you think we'd delete the post though just because you're providing feedback.

Having some issues with using Waterfox on this site, I can't seem to turn off all the third party nonsense.

Screenshots:

View attachment 34947

View attachment 34946

EDIT: Turning off PrivacyBadger fixes this issue (but everything is still too **** white)

Last edited: