Whats The Best Football Match You've Been To?

• Thread starter Thread starter *Dallas*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 3K

*Dallas*

Reaction score
i dont know if there is all ready a thread for this , i thought this would be a good idea?

idea is simple just post the best match you've been too and why its your favourite, i'll start....

Aberdeen 4 - 2 Celtic 2009

because we finally get a good result over the tims

Rovers 3-1 Shrewsbury! :wub:
Rovers 4-3 Southend.... absolutely cracking game! My friends first Rovers game since he moved to England. Now he has a season ticket! XD

Wasn't the best because we lost, but i have to say, Portuguese Cup Final , Belenenses (my hometown team) vs Sporting. Nobody expected us to go to the final... We lost in the 87th minute, was so frustrated, but it wa amazing to see the lads doing what they did!

Well, i don't have many because I've only been following football for about 1.5 years but it would be one of:

Bradford 3 - Stockport 2

Amazing and most frustrating game a few weeks ago against bottom of the table Stockport. We already knew that it was Peter Taylor's last game. 90+1 minute winner against 9 men but a lot more happened than that. A lot to explain. :D

Carlisle 1 - Southampton 4

The first time I'd seen one of my teams win a cup and only the second time I'd ever seen Southampton. It was amazing and the Saints were amazing. I absolutely loved it, even though I had to sit with the Carlisle fans, who were also amazing!

i dont know if there is all ready a thread for this , i thought this would be a good idea?

idea is simple just post the best match you've been too and why its your favourite, i'll start....

Aberdeen 4 - 2 Celtic 2009

because we finally get a good result over the tims

Celtic 9-0 Aberdeen 2010... JK

Celtic 2-3 Barcelona good result against a great team and was brilliant to see all the great players at Barca.

Liverpool V Ac milan i was blown away by the atsmosphrere it was mind bogling gerrard and carra superb all nite and kaka became a star

Scotland 2 FYR Macedonia 0 (September 2009)

Faddy scored a wonder goal :wub:

St Mirren 2 - 1 St Johnstone in Division 1 a good few years ago. A young Charlie Adam ran the show for St Mirren that day

Shelbourne 2-0 Hajduk Split in Tolka park. we were 3-2 down from the away leg and to this day remain the only irish side to get to the 3rd qualifying stage of the CL. Rogers goal in the 81st min was special to put us one up and then some Ndo magic to set up Moore for the second in injury time. You couldnt write it

Best game I've been to quality wise: Liverpool 3-1 Man United (2010/11) Brilliant game, had pretty much everything; and the atmosphere was absolutely electric. And Suarez was a god.

Best game I've been to atmosphere wise: Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool (2010/11) Torres' first Chelsea game, the atmosphere was stunning. Best game I have been to, just giving Torres bags of **** was worth the money.

Shrewsbury 0-1 Wrexham.

It was a crucial win in our bid to stay up, the last ever team to win at Gay Meadow, and of course, Shrewsbury are our bitter rivals, who unfortunately, we rarely beat.

It was a shame we went down the next season.

1st- Motherwell 6-6 Hibs- We came back from 6-2 down to get a draw after we scored a screamerin injury time.

2nd- Motherwell 3-0 Dundee Utd- The game from last night in the SC QF was out of this world. No one expected us to win never mind play United off the pitch. The atmosphere was ammence.

Best game I've been to quality wise.

Spurs 3 vs 1 Inter Milan/MK Dons 1 vs 0 Peterborough
Both games were games full of one touch moves and quality.

Atmosphere wise.

England 1 vs 1 Ghana
I have a mate from Ghana and he bought me and him tickets for this in the Ghana end, it was incredible, it made England look terrible.

Probably Arsenal 3-0 Tottenham, last season. Fabregas scoring right after their kick-off, was epic.

Gotta be Bolton 2-3 Arsenal, i'm a gooner but my grandparents live in Preston, near Bolton. My grandad got us tickets to be in the Bolton end and after all their fans going on about how sh@t we are when we went 2-0 down, and then coming back to 3-2.. classic...

Bournemouth 5-2 Lincoln in Cardiff with the roof on in the playoff final. Great game :)

Champions League Final 2005 Liverpool AC Milan....

Wooah. I was only 11 at the time, but **** me. What a game.

Back