What's the difference between tour and friendly?

daisuke

Reaction score
Just realized there's a tour option when arranging friendly match. Does tour have any effect on your club's finances?

A tour is a series of friendlies usually in the same country.

Man Utd usually go on a pre season tour to a country in Asia for example.

I don't think much, in terms of finances, the fee for a single game is the same whether it's a friendly or part of a tour - it just allows you to schedule friendlies a little bit quicker - up to 4 games within a 14 day period.

I think tours also cost less as you aren't flying back and forth (me thinks)

I know when I schedule an away friendly to south america for a good paycheck I usually don't see much of it from travel costs.

I think it also can increase your rep but not by much.

It might affect merchandise sales. Eg, If you travel to South Korea and you have a few Kerean players in your squad, shirt sale might improve temporarily.

i normally do about 3 tours every pre season just so i can try out all my decent youth, try out new formations and just to see how good some of the other countrys teams are, is good if you dont get in Europe

This has its own meaning for everyone. By the way, have you ever heard of smart binoculars ? I have a hobby of going hunting on weekends, and my old binoculars are broken. I decided to buy this model to have good quality and a comfortable and smooth zoom. Even your eyes don’t get tired!