What's the secret?

grendel

Reaction score
I've been playing the game pretty solidly since before Christmas. Generally I think it's good and very addictive, but I can never seem to get beyond mid-table in the championship. So what's the secret? Obviously I'm missing something. If ever I have a good run of results, and threaten to challenge for the play offs, my players morale seems to suddenly go through the floor, and I start losing. Why? I can't see where I'm going wrong. Nothing I'm doing seems to be obviously bad - if I criticise or praise players the fans always seem to agree with me, so it's not that. But I always seem to do well for the first half the seaon and then lose it - the players all feel the club is "underachieving" - but it's them that start playing like a bunch of useless idiots half way through the term.

Any help before I start using the CD as a coaster instead would be appreciated.:rolleyes:

Thats what happens to me but I usually finish at least in the top 5 if i'm using a good premiership club when i was with Northampton i lost my first 3 games was like :yikes: then i went on a 11 game winning streak before a few bad results by the end of the season i was champions and now i'm 3 in league 1 behind Leicster and Hull i never change my tactics just play 4 4 2 all the time and if someone gets sent off 5 3 1

Gregor said:
Kris told me his secret

MCFM

that was so fm05. At least i dont pretend to make up my own training and tactics.

tactics mine, trainings someone elses

grendel said:
I've been playing the game pretty solidly since before Christmas. Generally I think it's good and very addictive, but I can never seem to get beyond mid-table in the championship. So what's the secret? Obviously I'm missing something. If ever I have a good run of results, and threaten to challenge for the play offs, my players morale seems to suddenly go through the floor, and I start losing. Why? I can't see where I'm going wrong. Nothing I'm doing seems to be obviously bad - if I criticise or praise players the fans always seem to agree with me, so it's not that. But I always seem to do well for the first half the seaon and then lose it - the players all feel the club is "underachieving" - but it's them that start playing like a bunch of useless idiots half way through the term.

Any help before I start using the CD as a coaster instead would be appreciated.:rolleyes:

Try changing tactics & formation during the second half of season so opponents cant pre-guess what you are going to do. Keep an eye out for stamina too, players get tired easier in second half of season which can effect performance.
Some team details and screenshots would be a help.