What's the smallest team (league) you've won Champions League with?

curtis290

Reaction score
What's the smallest league from which you've had a team win the Champions League? This doesn't include taking some small English team up to the top flight and winning Champions League, if you can finish in the top 4 in England you're obviously a big team. I'm talking about the most obscure league you've managed a team in that won the Champions League. I'm managing Sporting Lisbon right now and my goal is to win one with them. I'm sure somebody has won one with a team from a lower-tier league. Maybe Scotland? One of the Scandinavian leagues perhaps? That's a real achievement IMO: winning the CL with an inferior squad of players. If there's already a thread like this I apologize.

Last edited:
I just got to the Serie A with Lucchese, so maybe one day I'll do it with them, but so far it's Celtic in the 5th season.

I just got to the Serie A with Lucchese, so maybe one day I'll do it with them, but so far it's Celtic in the 5th season.

This. I'm talking about winning the CL with a team like Celtic. NOT winning it with some small team from Serie A or the EPL. If you finish inside the top 4 of one of those leagues, you're NOT a small team. I'm talking about winning with a team from a small league. Like Scotland's.

This. I'm talking about winning the CL with a team like Celtic. NOT winning it with some small team from Serie A or the EPL. If you finish inside the top 4 of one of those leagues, you're NOT a small team. I'm talking about winning with a team from a small league. Like Scotland's.

Well, your asking peolpe to post the smallest team they have won it with, if someone has only won it one time, and that was with Man United, then they are the smallest team they have won it with. :S

Personally, as I never play outside of Italy/Spain/England, mine would have to be Los Rios, after 8 seasons.

Panathinaikos in third season and Stade de Reims 7 seasons in.

Err everton would be mine but I don't normally manage outisde england

Staines Town or Doncaster Rovers

Did it with Bordeaux pretty early in the game once, 2nd or 3rd season.

Well, your asking peolpe to post the smallest team they have won it with, if someone has only won it one time, and that was with Man United, then they are the smallest team they have won it with. :S

Personally, as I never play outside of Italy/Spain/England, mine would have to be Los Rios, after 8 seasons.

I've played since FM2007 and I've never won a Champions League!
Thanks you guys for stroking my massive ego :'(

But i once won a Uefa cup with West Brom, if that counts ;)

Manchester City. I've got QPR into the champions league but have never won it.

I didn''t win the Champions League but got put out at the Semi Final stage with FC Kobenhavn.

brought leeds back to there glory days in fm09 never been able to do it now always get on a good run and lose to the bottom teasm and that ruins it for most of the season couldnt ever put a good string of results toghether lol

2017-Utrecht, Although I did win Europa League twice in the years prior (2012 and 2015). It's a shame that this didn't have dynamic league rep. The ERedivisie was going great guns, and there was a dutch team going to the qf's of every European competition nearly every season (Ajax also won Europa league a couple of times, PSV x1 and I knocked them out in the semis when I won champions league)