Gatid

Reaction score
4-4-2 Formation is probs the most reliable formation thier is for HOME and AWAY games -

I mean every formation has its 'Advantages' and 'disadvantages' for example -

4-4-2(Advantages)

-Has full-backs and wingers running down the flanks which really helps if you got quality players that can cross a ball.
-Having two strikers upfront instead of one which is a handful for defenders.
-Also 4-4-2 is probs the only formation that really works effectively at home and away games without changing your tactics or player instructions at all.

4-4-2(disadvantages)

-To be honest i cant really think of one.

Mind you all your formations, Player instructions, and etc doesnt really matter its all down to your team instructions and your players.

NO POINT playing a short passing game with high tempo like arsenal in real life when they dominate games and pass and move all around the opponant's area if your going to be a team like BOLTON when they have players who are like STRONG and like to play direct and force thier way into goal.

My personal opinion 4-4-2 formation IS THE BEST BY FAR

Before you write a bad comment just think of the things i wrote on this page is it true or not?
sorry for the layout.

Last edited:
in FM09 u cant make the MR AND ML to go attack right up near forwards that one disadvantage...(arrows only go 1 space ahead)

but thats lame...there are no disadvantages its the greatest tactic

442 is easy to play against with a 451 counter attack which switches to 433 when attacking. So its not the best. So your outnumbered in midfield which is usually where games are won and lost.
Willster

I've always considered 4-4-2 to b the best aswell, I would only usually change formations when my team r on a bad run of form where I HAVE to change things