weechuen

Reaction score
I was with Tottenham, and i noticed that more than 80% of my games in EPL the teams are playing some extremely defensive formation.

Last 13 Games ended with either 1 - 0 or 0 - 0.
None of my opponent scored.
Not because my defenders are good,

but the team just decided to go there and shut shop, where almost ALL teams in EPL are happy with a draw?

come on man, who would watch soccer if every game you have 8 man in your own half for almost the whole game? they don't even bother to push, merely staying in their own half waiting for my team to attack before defending.

is this another one of the stupid dynamic league features?

where they would all just rather not lose and not win?

the worse is with team such as chelsea, blackburn, stoke city.

I'd normally have like 8~13 shots in a normal game.
so far my 3 matches with chelsea saw both side with 0shots.
HOW THE F*** IS THAT POSSIBLE?

FYI, this happened only in the 3rd season.
in the first season when i have not won the EPL title, i would have a normal game, so i don't think it has anything to do with my tactics.

well, in some of my edited leagues, the scores are generally as high as 1-0 as well :p

If you play Tottenham(just guessing here(you are counted as one of the top teams in the WORLD), based on your supported teams) what do you expect teams like Wigan, Brum or Wolves to do? Try to pass the ball like Barca thru your end?

im going to go with tactics? ive never experienced this so far

If you play Tottenham(just guessing here(you are counted as one of the top teams in the WORLD), based on your supported teams) what do you expect teams like Wigan, Brum or Wolves to do? Try to pass the ball like Barca thru your end?

certainly not,

but you don't see teams like wigan and wolves having 8man in their own half for almost the whole game in EPL do you?

actually you do usually see the weaker teams having 10 men behind the ball if its a top 4 team just this season the big teams have been dropping points so managers are saying a bit more to have a go but usually its more deffensive.

The Premier League is aggressive, physical and wears your body out.

Clubs attribute to this.

The only team, really, to break the mould is Arsenal, but they have been playing such football since the early 2000's to my recollection.

Most teams playing top teams like Man Utd, Chelsea etc. will put 9 men behind the ball and just defend.