Banddroid

Reaction score
My Sunderland team is 11th in the BPL, with 7 points from 6 games, and have been consistantly.....bad. Knocked out of Carling Cup by SHEFFIELD UNITED on penalties, but they play really horrendous football during the match. I played my first team cause they were all fit, and still lost.
Here's my team:View attachment 175346

Help? Great, Arsenal's next.

Well i think tactically that against smaller teams you should try and play narrow. Smaller teams will try and pack the central midfield area to stop you playing. I guess this is what sheffield wednesday did against you. Try playing wider with wingers to exploit the space.

If that doesnt sound good to you then maybe slow the tempo down, a quicker tempo mean players are more likely to make bad decisions/passes because they have less time to think about it. A slower tempo would also mean you'd keep the ball better and exploit openings better when they do come because you've had the patience to wait for it rather than trying to force the play.

Hope this helps a little bit and good luck

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

also very fluid means players will drift out of position more, id suggest going to just fluid as they will be a little more disciplined but will also have enough about them to create and move into space

Wait so should I play narrow, since you said smaller teams try to pack the central midfield area.

Oh and thanks!

Wait so should I play narrow, since you said smaller teams try to pack the central midfield area.

Oh and thanks!

you might wanna try narrow against bigger teams, but ive never been a fan of formations without wingers anyway because sometimes i think is just a little wasteful of all the space out on the wings.

maybe try bringing your defensive line forward a little too so there is not so much of a spread in your players on he pitch.

and maybe look at changing your passing from short to mixed, so can use a long ball when you need to.

these are just some suggestions, they may not all work or all suit the way you want to play. in the end, stick to your gut feeling and watch how the games pan out and it will become apparent to you what needs doing

good luck anyway! :)

My arsenal save, the AI lets sunderland be in CL and EL. ;)

the emirates is wide pitch , so u wanna take care of the flanks, like walcott, or who ever is there.

have 4 to 5 mid fielder in the middle, like 4-5-1 or 4-4-2. this way u wont have the middle torn apart.

in team talk, just hope for the best. it unlikely u'll win them (even by slight marigins) but just keep playing ur football.

GOODLUCK MATES.

Alright, thanks, my Sunderland is picking up some form, but Welbeck isn't.

You're team isn't good enough to play very fluid. If i were you i would set it to Balanced or even rigid. Then creativity to default or lower

set it to drill crosses, change your starting strategy every game depending on the opposition. Then go through every player's instructions and adapt it to the player's abilities.