What's Wrong with Wimbledon?

klaasvd79

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't get it anymore. I play with AFC Wimbledon and use Zebedee's tactics tweaked for my team. 1st season went great, ended on 6th place and won the FA trophy(for lower league teams).

Got some talented players through the season and on the end of it. In pre-season friendlies i played good games against teams that played 2 or three leagues higher(won 1, draw 3 and lost 1).
Now in league games i draw 3 and lost 1 against much easier teams. I play good football 55% or more ball possesion 15 or more shots placed and always 7 or more on goal. But my strikers don't score. Finishing 11 or higher, they are fast good technique and composure,strenght.
1 ain't to bright low intelligence in football, so i dont use free role anymore.

How is it possible that it wont go that good anymore, all players are 7 stars in team report, some aren't yet gelled in, but it worked in pre-season.

The game is just a big riddle for me now again, anyone some usefull tips for the strikers?? defence and midfield doing a good job and good ratings

The gelling effect could be a big part. You may well see a late season surge in results if that's the cause.

Another factor in not getting good results against 'worse' teams is that you might be tempted to play too attacking against them.

But it does seem that you're having the 'I'm caning teams but not winning' problem. Start looking at the chances you're making - are they 'real' chances? If they are, then start looking at how you're motivating your strikers and see if you can get them playing a little better. If they aren't 'good' chances but half-chances, then start tweaking to get better chances and to take advantage of the opposition's weak areas.

My favourite trick is to save the game up and reload. That has very unusual effects upon 'unlucky' streaks which I can't explain from the stats. Not every bad result is a result of the bug but there are some odd things happening in the game at the moment.

My favourite trick is to save the game up and reload. That has very unusual effects upon 'unlucky' streaks which I can't explain from the stats. Not every bad result is a result of the bug but there are some odd things happening in the game at the moment.

you big cheat :p

Well i think they are real chances, but they just blast the ball over the goal in one on ones. If i ask them to round the keeper or place the shot they simply say they wouldn't benefit from that skill.

And how you mean motivating?? in half time talks or other ways??

Thnx

did you try to ask them to stop blasting the ball? or place the shot into the corner of the net? however lowering down creativity might be a solution

Lol I don't mean replay lost games, just turn the computer off after saving so that the random number generator starts with a new seed. :p

i dont use the auto save option, i only ever save when im finished playing and its time to be off,

never thought about the random number generator before, dont think i'll bother like. sometimes wish i could load up some games, walked away with **** all in my last season, but came so close.

i dont use the auto save option, i only ever save when im finished playing and its time to be off,

never thought about the random number generator before, dont think i'll bother like. sometimes wish i could load up some games, walked away with **** all in my last season, but came so close.

Yeah, know that feeling. The problem with the random number generator (any rng really, and in most games which rely upon them) is that the numbers can start to behave very oddly and get 'stuck' in certain patterns. I've posted on SI about it because it could explain a lot of the 'game' bugs being seen - I've modded games in the past and seen the same behaviour in them when the rng is not being seeded properly. A classic example is in an old D&D rpg where every once in a while you can't stop landing killing blows or you can't hit anything - a save and reload cures the problem for a while. However, it could be deliberately done by SI to try and replicate runs of 'form'. If it is, then it's a **** design decision but they really don't want to talk about it, it would seem.

--------

@klaas - yes, teamtalks is what I meant - sorry for being vague. There's a file linked somewhere on Fmbase which has a guide for teamtalks which may help eliminate them as a potential factor. Morale can also be an issue but you probably know that, so I'll leave that there :)

did you try to ask them to stop blasting the ball? or place the shot into the corner of the net? however lowering down creativity might be a solution

No stop blasting the ball wasn't in the options, so i asked if could blast the ball in the net. That's only option he responded positive to. Placing or rounding keeper he doesn't wanna learn.

i personaly dont like strikers who blast the ball cuz they waste so much clear opportunities

i personaly dont like strikers who blast the ball cuz they waste so much clear opportunities

True but he allready did blast the ball, and there is no option don't blast the ball in the players interaction sreen. And everything else he declines to learn, so what option do you have?