stuinbucks

Reaction score
I am planning to get right into a long term save starting afresh in either National North or South.....

When you start at a club either big or small you get the option of bringing your own staff in, so easy question....

At lower league level do I release current staff and bring own in or let contracts run down before getting rid?

Finances are poor at lower league level so releasing staff will come at a cost.

I'm currently doing the same thing, a journeyman save starting in the Vanarama South and working my up.

As far as backroom staff go, you'll probably find that you'll already have an assistant manager, one (maybe two) coaches, and a physio. In my experience, you'll have to get your own scouts in if you want them because the club won't already have them. You can terminate your backroom staffs contracts but obviously this comes at a price and in the lower leagues, it isn't money the board will want to part with. The best bet is to persevere with the staff you already have for one season, let the contracts run out, and then get in your preferred staff.

Personally, when playing in the lower leagues I tend to not pay much attention to the coaching staff. The quality that you will be able to attract will be really poor meaning that they're effectively useless.

I normally make sure that I have a decent scout (maybe 2) as well as a physio. Beyond that, I don't pay much attention to the staff until I progress through the leagues a little.

Heh, as Midnight to Six stated in the lower league you are only able to get very poor coaches that are useless so I wouldn’t pay any attention to it… :)