callumbennett

Reaction score
you get a player at your club with high potential, whats your technique to get this player to reach their potential? heavy training workload, tutoring, loan move, playing them in first team when they aren't ready.... just wondering what people do to get some of these players to reach their best?

any feedback on what you do would be great :D

If i have a 17 year old CM for example...

1st season i will put them in the U21 get him tutored use him in the F.A Cup and League Cup and train him as a B2B then every few month work on specific attributes.

2nd season- I will him out BUT only to a team who will give him 1st team football and have good training facilites.

3rd season- When he comes back from loan, i will evaluate him and decide if he is ready for 1st team football or give him 1 more loan.

4th season- He should of improved by now so if he has he will play all cup games and 10-12 league games and next season he should be ready to play 20 plus games.

Training for invidiual stats where i think he needs to improve to become world class, If i have great tutor in my team i will use it, i preffer keeping them in my team and playing them when i can it deppends what team am i playing. The biggest influence in reaching there potential faster is playing in first team

I train my youngsters in the youth squads until around the age of 19 (best ones always play in the u21s). By now, I have a good idea on how good they will become. If they're good enough, I put them i the first team, if not then they go on loan. Always to a team where he will be played an ideally a club from the same country.

Depending on the determination levels will determine if they get tutored. If its high already I leave them. Regarding first team football, I always play them in minor cup games and if they play well and win the game then they play in the next round. They are effectively playing for game time.

The most important thing, I find, is to have good youth/training facilities and good coaches.