What's your view on possession tactics.

• Thread starter Thread starter tomfmlfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3K
Off Topic - Is there only me who think Xavi or Iniesta deserve the Ballon d'Or more than messi?

On topic - I like to play a 3-7-0

Messi has scored 91 goals in a calendar year, He has to win it. Xavi and Iniesta are obviously both incredible players though.

I think a player like Hummels, Dante, Cech, Lahm or neuer should win it because i feel they have contributed more to their respective teams and played better throughout the last year. I'll say this this year as I have for years past and will for years to come. Defenders and gk should get more credit for the work they put into the team. Everybody talks about how drogba a scored in the cl final but if it hadent been for chec saving all those incredible shots Chelsea would have lost badly.

My view is that it's very possible for home games, & not possible for away games. I've been on an on-going bout of tweaking to create a tactic where I can dominate just as much in away games as I do for home games & I very rarely get anything higher than 60%. Probably average 55%. Players suddenly become incapable of making simple square passes.

For home games, I'd say I average 65%. I'd like more but over the coarse of the game, it's been within the 68%-75% range. It's generally in the last 10 minutes when opponents start to have more time on the ball & pass between there defence a lot & there goalkeeper starts taking 5 minutes to take a goalkick.

Back