Sterling101

Reaction score
Okay, so I have been soldiering on for a while now at my own tactics but I have some questions that have sort have been a bit of a stumbling block for me.

First of all, I do use logic when creating tactics, however:

- If things don't work out so great at the first attempt, How can I reduce the trial and error aspect to creating tactics?

- How long do you leave it before you alter team instructions/Player instructions?

- Is classic mode more successful than the new method? (I see most uploaded tactics in classic)

I apologise if these are common questions, I'd just like to be able to rely on my own decision making to try get some extra-fun from FM12. Since I find it fun even without doing my own tactics, my own would make it even more of a great play.

Cheers in advance guys!

I can answer the third point only but there are three reasons why most uploaded tactics are in classic mode. The first is it's what the person is used to because they have been playing for a long time. Secondly they feel it is easier to control every aspect of play. Thirdly it is hard to make a super tactic without abusing the match engine and this is easier in classic mode.

I would say that you should keep the set up you have for around 4-5 games and only change something to fix a recurring issue.

Also, change one thing at a time and watch the impact it has.

Another thing you should do is watch matches in full or extended highlights at the least.

Regarding which tactic creating method is best, I think it is the TC. The classic method is best for more advanced tactics creators.

Regards
Shiraz

Thanks for the replies guys, anyone else offer any advice :)?

The best advice is to see under what circumstances the approach succeds or struggles. Did the players ignore the closing down orders, did the players seem on top of the game, always getting to the ball first, get draged out of position, have a poor tackling ratio, shot on target ratio etc etc. Look at waht is actuall tactical and what has to do with man management.

Example: Being 2-0 and we seem to give away possesion and the opposition uses triangels around our players even though the tactics seemd to work really weel in the first 30 minutes. Here, its because the opponent sits deepr and our players feel they dont have to close down as a unit. Here, the answer might actually be to lower the closing down and use tight man makring insread. When we shoot 10 shots from distance off target, its probably nmot down to the longshot settings, but because we attack i haset or the players use this option as the last option, lacking passing options etc.

When knowing why things happen, then I tweak a tactic/approach

Last edited: