When do you promote the young?

Morba

Reaction score
I have spent like 15million in some 10-11 players that have the potential to be better than my first-team regulards, but they're still 15, 16 and 17 years old.. When do you think that it's time to promote them to the First Team?

Whenever you want and see fit. I moniter my youth players performance, always, the player with the highest rating and good training attitude will always get a chance by me. Remember, a youth player can have a low rating at the end of the first team match, but never take that as a fact. See and always watch how he runs on the field, passes the ball, tackles, dribbles etc. He can make 9 out of 10 actions which is bad, but it is the one good action that makes me smile as manager, so I can say: "He has potential, his time will come"

But in my game, for example, Pirlo makes 2 goals per match... He tackles superbly and rarely loses the ball or misses a pass. It would be a little strange to take him off the game to put some 16 year old kid that doesn't have YET the greatest of status, don't you think?

just do it it will pay off wen u need him if pirlo gets injured

But in my game, for example, Pirlo makes 2 goals per match... He tackles superbly and rarely loses the ball or misses a pass. It would be a little strange to take him off the game to put some 16 year old kid that doesn't have YET the greatest of status, don't you think?

When considering a youth players first team future, i always give him betweem 10 - 15 mins at the end of the game as a run around. 7 times out of 10 he won't do anything to influence the game but when he does he make you smile. Unless you feel he is ready, leave them on the bench and avilible for reserve games.

oops i just sold my pirlo 26.5m i was hoing to sign palombo but thats not looking likely flamini or g attuso good enough you think?

I like Pirlo 'couse he's a DM with great criativity, so he does some pretty good stuff.. Gattuso is good, but he's the typical DM, all to defense. I think you made a mistake, just like Milan did in my game by selling him to me, but with Kaka I think you won't be having any trouble =D

I usually promote them either when they are 21 or if they have been playing well for the Youth or Reserve teams.

i tend to keep them in the under18 till they get to old then send out on loan to my feeder clubs depending how good they are , try and give some of your better kids a run out in the cups

Play some of them in some of your "lesser" important games. It should give you a basic idea of how they perform.

Ive got a few aswell which have the potential to be better than Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano and Carragher. I just get them on when im winning with about 15 minutes to go or play them in the carling cup.

I loan thm out and when that isn't possible I make available for reserves and play them in the cup. Wenger Style.

play them for the last 10-15 mins of every other match, they will gain valuable experience,for example, Mark Randall had 0(14) appearences for me(Arsenal) and his Stats improved dramatically,he was promoted to the England first team at the age of 20and was a Regualr starter, haveing 25 caps at the age of 23.

it really depends on the quality of the youngster, eg if it was vela i wouldnt be leaving him to sit on the bench all day i would take a gamble and play vela upfront with adebayor instead of RVP.

Keep them on the bench, or if like me your playing in lower leagues give them game play when the seniors arent perfroming.

It depends on the player. Like it was said earlier on in the thread, play them as often as you can. The experience will be invaluable to them and to you should anything force you into playing them. You wont regret it, you'll findout what they can offer to your team.